Tax office on Young Street

Does anyone know if you need to make an appointment for the tax office on Young Street?? I was going to just turn up in the morning, but not sure if they will see me without an appointment. I have the phone number, but it is an 0845 number, and I am on cable and the last time I called them it cost a fortune!

last time i went (which is a while ago) it was a ticket system, take a ticket wait your turn..

hope that helps

Try these:

Concept Ho Young St, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4LF

Tel: 0114 296 9696 -0114 2969 471 - 0114 2969 791

Granma.

you can just walk in as there is no ticket system now and they are normal quite quick at see you now.

What usually happens is that when you go into the enquiry centre you will be directed to either a telephone or a computer. They want you to do stuff online or via the call centre.

If you really want to talk face to face with a human being you would have to make an appointment and come back later unless there was a spare advisor that could see you there and then.

The staff don't like having to fob people off to a call centre but those are our instructions.

The tax credit helpline sent me down to the young street office and told me to just turn up. When i got there I was told i needed an appointment, you cant just turn up if you need to speak face to face with somebody.

They were however really helpful and said they'd slot me in later that day but luckily for me just as I was leaving an advisor called me back and saw to me there and then as I had all the correct documents with me. (2 forms of ID are essential)

By far a more competent group of staff than the people who work on that damn helpline!

Thank you all for your replies!!! I will phone on the ordinary landline number in the morning, and will keep the numbers for future reference!

Hi

Will the Tax Office at Young Street be able to help me with Working/Child Tax Credit. Been trying to find out what is happening with my new claim and either get told it's being processed or the Helpline is constantly engaged (appreciate it is the start of a new tax year). I haven't had a payment from them for 7 weeks following a change of circumstances and things are getting financially difficult now with the low wage we earn.

Thanks

Hi

Will the Tax Office at Young Street be able to help me with Working/Child Tax Credit. Been trying to find out what is happening with my new claim and either get told it's being processed or the Helpline is constantly engaged (appreciate it is the start of a new tax year). I haven't had a payment from them for 7 weeks following a change of circumstances and things are getting financially difficult now with the low wage we earn.

Thanks

The same thing happened to me & the staff at young street managed to look at my case & find out what the hold up was, it was as simple as they needed my employers PAYE reference on the system before a payment could be released but nobody had bothered to write to me to ask for this.

Anyway, they resolved the hold up & made me an emergency payment of £50, I think this is the maximum they can give you but its better than a poke in the eye :)