Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

Nutwood Garage, Claywheels lane, Wadsley Bridge. Have used this place for the last 14 years, never had a problem. 0114 234 4808

As above, Bob at Nutwood garage.

I have used him for the last 15 years and no problems. He takes your car for the mot.

Never had any problems with the guys at Steadfast in Chapeltown - always very helpful and reliable. Last time I was there he helped me find a part on Ebay cos it was so much cheaper then he could get it for. No probs in over 15 years of going there!

Auto tech barnsley rd high greave area. Ask for dave

For mots I'd have to say hemingways up grenoside but they don't do car repairs or servicing .ian Kelly gets plenty of good praise for repairs and servicing and he's up grenoside

Ditto on this ^^^^^^^^ highly recommend both.

I've been using Mike at Capel Motors for years and really rate them.

Can anyone recommend trustworthy garage in grenoside.greno garage don't do repairs anymore and we have a brake that's ceasing up..:

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 14:33 ----------

How would I contact ian kelly if he does repairs in grenoside..

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 14:35 ----------

For mots I'd have to say hemingways up grenoside but they don't do car repairs or servicing .ian Kelly gets plenty of good praise for repairs and servicing and he's up grenoside
does Ian Kelly have any contact details..

There's one on Penistone Road near junction Wheel Lane/Saltbox Road loads of cars on forcourt for sale, can't rememer it's name (Eden park?). They do repairs and MOT's. Have been using it for years and never had any problems.

Hi all

My car has started to make a whirring sounds like a plane on the right front side while I am driving. (FAN BELT JUST NEEDED TIGHTENING-SORTED)

The ABS light comes on sometimes but then goes back off during the day.When have to brake hard the wheel makes a funny noise like grinding on gravel. (WAS ABS RING-FIXED)

I live in Bradfield and have a garage there but looking for cheapest and fastest

thanks in advance:(

Edited by lubylou12

Hi lubylou12, best advice I can give is to find a garage that is open tomorrow, get a diagnosis and then on Monday work out what the best place to get it done is. From your description (1,3,4) my first thought is that there is something stuck between your brake-pad and brake-disc, which would mean a new disc and pad. The ABS light (2) is likely to be unrelated but could fail you your MOT if I am not mistaken.

Hi lubylou12, best advice I can give is to find a garage that is open tomorrow, get a diagnosis and then on Monday work out what the best place to get it done is. From your description (1,3,4) my first thought is that there is something stuck between your brake-pad and brake-disc, which would mean a new disc and pad. The ABS light (2) is likely to be unrelated but could fail you your MOT if I am not mistaken.

hi thank you, I bought the car with a full MOT.

I do drive daily on uneven bumpy country roads, and do a lot of miles in a day at work. Maybe this is causing issues? it only has 650000 miles on it though. I will have to sort something asap, I was looking at a company who do home visits called clickmechanic but unsure if trust an internet company.

:)

Edited by lubylou12

There is/was a mechanic active on this forum who does home visits, maybe others have had experience with him. It might be worth using the search function on here to see if you can find out?

I hope it doesn't have 650000 miles on the clock by the way, that is an awful lot for a car like that! ;)