Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

U your welcome to give me a call

Thanks

Just in case my normal garage is fully booked, can anyone recommend a mechanic / garage in sheffield that doesnt charge the earth ?

Its for a power steering repair on a 2002 toyota previa..

Can someone recommend a garage to me near London Road apart from SMITHS they are not available for two weeks in the Easter holidays . I need somewhere reputable please been let down by two dodgy garages.!

I'd recommend Warren at WGB Autos 52 Highfield Place.

Personally used him for work on both my Discovery and Landrover, and had nothing but excellent service.

No direct connection other than as a satisfied customer; I've sent others there who feel the same as me.

Jupiter garage on smithy wood rd

try doing it yourself at that DIY garage in town and save a few quid, mechanic on hand for advice and help, there number is 01144 388188

rydal garage in the old dairy on broadfield road ask for brian or gary :thumbsup:

Hi

I have an Audi A3 1.9tdi and went to go out at the weekend in it and it was totally dead - no instrument lights, nothing. So, replaced the battery and a couple of fuses - still nothing.

Spoken to a mechanic today and he is coming to look at it on Friday but said it could need a new alternator.

Could anyone give me an idea of price to fit and replace the alternator (so I don't collapse on the floor on Friday when he tells me :roll:)

The car wasn't expensive so don't know if I want to plow money into it if it is one thing after another (a crystal ball would be fab at this point!).

Thanks for your help.

Won't be the alternator with those symptoms, if you put a fresh fully charged battery on then the car should start - even with a bust alternator.

Have you checked all the fuses and things??

Make sure negative black lead is connected to car body work from battery, these can snap off. As said must be some connection problem or fuse if you have put new battery on. Faulty ignition switch?? Does your key fob open central locking when you press button, this may prove your battery is connected.