Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

Can anyone recommend a really cheap mechanic that can replace my alternator in my ford focus 1.4i 1998 please in desperate need for it to be fixed but skint till 22nd.

Thanx for reading

Have you checked wiring first before condemning alternator ?

Not tried wiring but have put a new battery in thinking that what it was.

Before you spend any more money take it to a decent car spares shop most will do you a free battery and alternator check while you wait

Just out of intrest what part of sheffield are you in ?

Hi yeh just been to get battery and alternator check and they have said its fine and that its an electrical fault so no need to finbd an electrician lol

Thanx for your suggestions!

Hi yeh just been to get battery and alternator check and they have said its fine and that its an electrical fault so no need to finbd an electrician lol

Thanx for your suggestions!

What exactly is happening ,is alt not charging battery at all ,? check for breaks in wiring coming from alt they break a lot of the time

If your cars charging system is fine, you may have something discharging your battery. What are your issues?

Hi all after messing about with it today we have realised its a faulty connectipon to tghe battery as soon as wires are wiggled around a bit it starts no problem

Hi,

I got a problem in my car's engine. I took it to Halfords but I found their labour cost is so expensive.

Do you recommend other reliable auto service centres?

Thanks

you will find all the decent mechanics in Sheffield are more experienced and charge more than push bike shop Halfords.

There is plenty of threads already if you do a search and it's obvious that the rates of a chain are going to be higher than a independent

Hi,

I got a problem in my car's engine. I took it to Halfords but I found their labour cost is so expensive.

Do you recommend other reliable auto service centres?

Thanks

Post details of problem and people on here may be able to help