Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

I've never been let down by Mr. Clutch near Hillsborough on Penistone road.

Looking for a decent garage that knows their way around a Ford Diesel engine, any recommendations please?

Hi, I need a mechanic that can plug in a mercedes sprinter to diagnose. I believe it is running in limp mode as it frequently won't run faster than 50 mph. I have had a couple of astronomical quotes for just plugging in and i wondered if anyone knew of a decent cheap mechanic or someone with the machine to read my van?? or can you buy the equipment to do it?? thanks

My mechanic has retired, so looking for another.

Any recommendations?

Hi,

The cooling system in my car failed, causing the temperature gauge to go up and so after I parked up I was towed home. I have been advised not to risk further damage by driving it to a mechanics (they said the cooling system is not pumping coolant round the engine). Is anyone able to recommend a garage that will either collect the car (via towing) to examine + fix or can potentially fix in situ at my house?

Thanks,

N

Hi,

The cooling system in my car failed, causing the temperature gauge to go up and so after I parked up I was towed home. I have been advised not to risk further damage by driving it to a mechanics (they said the cooling system is not pumping coolant round the engine). Is anyone able to recommend a garage that will either collect the car (via towing) to examine + fix or can potentially fix in situ at my house?

Thanks,

N

Hi, if you give a rough idea of your area, that will probably help your cause.

Sounds like the water pump has packed up. Another time, I might tout my services as a mobile mechanic, but not this week.

Hi, if you give a rough idea of your area, that will probably help your cause.

oops, yes it would. S6 Walkley.

Well a friend recommended someone now, and they are coming to sort it :)

Edited by nightrider

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good garage in North Sheffield? By good I mean - won't see I'm a woman and give me guff and overcharge.

Thanks in advance.

Snuff Mill is on the south side but is on the 88 bus route from Bents Green to Ecclesfield via City Centre.

I take my cars to Sytner Sheffield BMW

Hollis Croft, Broad Ln.

Great service.

Andrew Ellaway of Rowell Lane Loxley, I can highly recommend him, very trustworthy and does a good job.