Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

Kwik-Fit...lol jk.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thorncliffe Garage Chapeltown or Ian Kelly, Halifax Road

Edited by denlin

Thanks for recommendations for Bows Garage - took car for full service there after reading this page and was as suggested - reasonable, friendly and reliable. Had a problem with passenger side door lock - they looked at but because it will be expensive to fix gave me three options and didn't charge for looking at it as they didn't repair it. Will be returning.

I needed a garage pretty quick last week and was driving past Southey Green Garage (opposite Co-Op on Southey roundabout - dont know the road name).

Called in, the guy test drove my car, diagnosed the knocking noise, fixed it, changed tyre and I was on my way in ten mins. Very knowledgeable, personable and brilliant service with a smile. Helped that he sorted it free of charge .... (either really nice chaps or the perks of a being a damsel in distress... :hihi:)

This post is twelve months old please delete

---------- Post added 11-01-2013 at 20:35 ----------

I needed a garage pretty quick last week and was driving past Southey Green Garage (opposite Co-Op on Southey roundabout - dont know the road name).

Called in, the guy test drove my car, diagnosed the knocking noise, fixed it, changed tyre and I was on my way in ten mins. Very knowledgeable, personable and brilliant service with a smile. Helped that he sorted it free of charge .... (either really nice chaps or the perks of a being a damsel in distress... :hihi:)

A charity garage new one on me.

I have used Mike from Capel Street Motors, just off Penistone Road behind the Peugeot garage. Family business so they pride themselves on customer service with a good dollop of Yorkshire value for money.

He has saved me a foutune compared to Honda's prices.

Give him a bell 0114 299 7435

Or check out his site capelmotors.com

Hope this helps and you are back on the road soon!

used these yesterday absolutley great and also saved me money compared to quotes i already had

Trustable? :hihi:

The word is trustworthy.

i need a clutch,dmf,and csc fitting to my car but been let down by a garage if anybody knows of a decent garage in the s64 area

wouldnt recommand a mobile mechcanic as clutch is a biggish job and a trolly jack on the road side in the cold is not a good idea.

Mexborough Car Testing centre is in S64. It is an MOT test station and repair garage. Ask for Barry, he will sort you out.

i need a clutch,dmf,and csc fitting to my car but been let down by a garage if anybody knows of a decent garage in the s64 area

Take it to Brooklands Dalton,as fair as any garage.I wouldnt go anywhere else.

01709 854000