Annoying sales phone calls

I'm on TPS and the number of sales calls has substantially dropped.

I think they can still phone you from abroad but after the stream of obscene abuse I inflicted on some poor woman phoning from some telecoms company these seem to have tailed off as well. :|

Now they are just top banana

:):clap::thumbsup::D:hihi::heyhey:

I think if its something you have signed up for (maybe accidently) they can still phone you, but for most it makes a noticable difference.

Originally posted by genesiscouch

Hear the silent gap...hang up the phone.

Sorry to all those folk out there that talk slowly ;)

this is prob best advise,

have u had an accident in the last 5 years?

When you ask for their details after telling them your on TPS they hang up.

ask them first - "where did you say you were calling from then?"

then email TPS with details of the time and date of the call, your phone number and the details of the company which called you

a nice little £5k fine will persuade them not to call you again

I seem to be getting loads of calls to my mobile and my home phone at the moment. I keep getting random mobile phone companys phoneing me. This is particularly annoying as my contract is not expiring for about 3-4 months therefore i'm not likely to change phones.:loopy: am i?

The other day i got home and found am answerphone message for a company who handle the finance for a large well known sofa company who i have bourght a sofa from 6 months ago. i called them back thinking that maybe there was a problem with my account. :suspect: . But no they just want to sell me a loan:rant: .

Their "pressure selling" approach to payment protection insurance was also highly irritating. I declined it in the store (who seemed fine with that and were very helpful). Then several weeks later got a call asking if i wanted it. When i said that i was fine without it as i belive i don't need it they replied with "what about if you get ill or made redundant" in a slightly threatening way. and then inferered that i wouldn't want to be asking anyone else for help if something bad happened to me.

i think i hung up:clap:

My cousin does the best thing. She has a 5 year old girl and whenever they get a sales call, they pass the phone to the 5 year old daughter and tell her to talk to the sales man and not give it to them under any circumstances till they hang up. My uncle just tells him that he will get the wife and leaves the phone off the hook while he goes off for a while :D

I kept being pesterd by the same guy until I activated the smoke alarm right next to the phone. Strangely, I never heard from him again :)

Originally posted by GabbleRatcht

Is it just me or have there been loads more unsolicited sales calls this last week? I'm getting about eight a day now. Have just applied to BT for their blocking service.

Leaving the phone in front of the radio now untill they hang up.

i just ask them to phone back when they can speak english:)

when I remember I take their details and fill in the tps online form.

I did have one that called, which I politely declined, then 5 minutes later they called back, at which point I was rather less polite, they didn't call a 3rd time.