Midhill Club East Bank Road.

Are there any old members of the Midhill Club still around.

Edited by cuttsie

Yes I was a member from about 67 till it closed was going out with the secretary Fred Wildgooses daughter Susan (would like to contact). Once was told by Fred to go in and watch a stripper on a sunday lunchtime. She struggled to take her bra off and tripped up on the floor when it came to taking her knickers off. Classic entertainment.

Yes I was a member from about 67 till it closed was going out with the secretary Fred Wildgooses daughter Susan (would like to contact). Once was told by Fred to go in and watch a stripper on a sunday lunchtime. She struggled to take her bra off and tripped up on the floor when it came to taking her knickers off. Classic entertainment.

I joined in 1960 ,I was 17 but told the committee i was 21. my brother in law Tom Hegarty was the captain of the football team who played on a pitch above the club it sloped so much if you were kicking down hill the ball used to end up at the bottom of East Bank Road.

Tom and his mates once pinched a barrel of beer from the back yard and rolled it down East Bank they then got the wind up and rolled it all the way back, next week every body was complaining about the crap beer. Flow Midwood used to be a regular Saturday night turn and people used to say oh no not her again. One Saturday night the concert secretary big Jack wouldn,t let her go on until whoever had left a mess in the gents toilet went and cleaned it up[he din,t use the word mess] no one moved so we were spared Flow for a full Saturday night. Good Days.

Edited by cuttsie

I was never a member there but in the early 1950's my mother was the pianist there. She used to take all the family with her for the Sunday lunch time concerts and we kids would wait outside in the porch. I remember the aforesaid Flo Midwood and also the Concert Secretary, who I believe was called Manny Blakeman.

Mike

I was never a member there but in the early 1950's my mother was the pianist there. She used to take all the family with her for the Sunday lunch time concerts and we kids would wait outside in the porch. I remember the aforesaid Flo Midwood and also the Concert Secretary, who I believe was called Manny Blakeman.

Mike

Hi Mike My brother in law Tom Hegarty and his mates were members and football team players throughout the 40,s up till Midhill closed down must have been late 80,s i think.A couple of other players were called.Richard Marsden[Massy] and Tony Mulcrone.

They call the Midhill the Earl Marshall now ,still call in there now and again just to bring back memories.Cheers.

hi did flo hidwood every go in that pub and can you tell me what she looked like thanks luke