£500 in three month on orange network, i should get a refund but how much?

Are you downloading loads of apps/music? Data charges soon add up!

I used to down load music from the orange shop and that used to come off my top up but that was with my old phone and number. With the iphone i buy from itunes and it takes money from my bank but i haven't bought music or apps for the last month and before that i had itunes vouchers. £100 in 14 days so far and i haven't sent a picture text or down loaded anything. Like orange said its a fault on account thats stopping my offers. I just wonder what the refund will be? and why has this happened :(

My friends getting iphone on contract and they get free phone and its about £50 a month contract, thats better than £160 a month! :hihi: be cheaper to use land line :hihi:

if i was you, i'd ask for a full refund of the £500 you've been charged!

and how come you dont go onto a sim only contract? for £20 on 3 you get unlimited calls / texts / internet.... cant beat it really!

Going to see what they say monday, to be honest i should get a large amount back, i only really use magic numbers and thats 25p an hour, and i go on facebook for roughly 15 mins once every 3 days if that, no pic's, no music but loads of texts but dolphin is suppose to give you large amounts of free texts. One day i topped up £20 .... anyone got two cups and a piece of string :suspect:

Never been a fan of orange, my iPhone on contract with o2 and i only pay £40 a month. :)

I get loads of free texts I get 500 of them and free calls to other o2 users. 900 minutes And also get unlimited use Of Internet :)

Sounds to me your owed some serious pay back.

I would make sure you get some kind of offer for the inconvenience caused.

Hope you get it sorted.

Edited by andysmith22

Why don't you get a contract, you wouldn't be spending anywhere near what you have spent at the moment.

100mb isnt really a lot tbh.... i could use that in a couple of days in an iphone - but i do use it to run my life! haha

It depends how much you use it. I only use 3G data when there's no free wifi around, and make sure I end my apps so they're not contstantly tapping the 3G data.

you say you send loads of texts, the unlimited texts thing is subject to fair usage policy of 50 a day, i send more than double that a day

you say you send loads of texts, the unlimited texts thing is subject to fair usage policy of 50 a day, i send more than double that a day

I think its up to 3000 texts a month the unlimited covers.

I thought I was bad at texting a lot (due to the fact I have an hearing loss and some people I know are difficult to hear on the phone, so I find it easier to text them) but I don't send 100 a day. Where do you find time to send that many texts a day and what do you find to put in them lol.

i have my phone in my pocket all the time and am very quick at texting, lol

i sent 123 yesterday, slightly less than the messages i recieved

guess thats what happennes when you have friends around the country

i have to regularly delete texts, only room for 200 on my phone

:o i top up via text and looking at my text from the 1st of jan upto today, its a hundred pound i've topped up :( i'm not sure if its the iphone, orange or a combination of the two. I've been on orange for years but on an different number and topped up once a week if that. :(

Surely you know you keep topping up though? it can't be a surprise when you have to manually do it? ou should keep track or get a contract..

Why don't you go on contract, I'm on orange, £45 a month but I get 1200 mins, ulmtd texts and 1gb on net and haven't gone over yet, but I do get unlimited wi-fi so at home and work I get too surf for free. When I got my first iPhone on contact that was 500mins 500texts and unlimited Internet and went over massively every month without fail!

My advice would be to get a sim-only contract as there's some really good value ones out there!

Surely you know you keep topping up though? it can't be a surprise when you have to manually do it? ou should keep track or get a contract..

Glad im not the only one who was wondering, how the op can not be aware that they are topping up. Like I said to the op before, you would be better with a contract.

Glad im not the only one who was wondering, how the op can not be aware that they are topping up. Like I said to the op before, you would be better with a contract.

Same here now you come to mention it !!!!

I love my contract no going through whole top up process, I love that you get regular upgrades ect much cheaper

Maybe the OP was maybe not fully aware or understood of tariff charges either

Hope she has the matter cleared up now