£500 in three month on orange network, i should get a refund but how much?

I've had an iphone for the last 3 month. I set it up on orange with the dolphin plan and magic numbers. After the first month i realised i was spending a fortune constantly topping up. I phoned orange and they said there was a fault, they reasured me they would sort the problem out followed by a text saying my phone had been up dated.

For a while i had free texts and internet then last month my top up attempt was declined. I phoned my bank and they had stopped transactions as they thought my card had been stolen due to the amount of top ups. I then phoned the orange automated service to check i had dolphin and magic numbers to find that i had no magic numbers and dolphin plan :( so i re-added them.

Things seemed ok for a while then again i'm topping up 1-3 times a day! i checked dolphin, magic numbers and they were all on. I then checked my phone fund which i think you get £1 for every ten pound you top up and i have in my phone fund a whopping £50 which is from the end of october,thats £500 in top ups.

Furious i phoned orange and asked whats happening. Orange told me there is a fault with my account i have all offers but they are not working and then i spoke to billing and they said they will refund me when they have viewed the account and fix the fault with in 24hrs and they are letting me know monday the refund amount.

Has this happened to anyone using an iphone 4 and orange? what do you think the refund will be? :)

i dont have an iphone

we can only use orange round here

but i top up manually, once every 6 months or so

i dont have an iphone

we can only use orange round here

but i top up manually, once every 6 months or so

:o i top up via text and looking at my text from the 1st of jan upto today, its a hundred pound i've topped up :( i'm not sure if its the iphone, orange or a combination of the two. I've been on orange for years but on an different number and topped up once a week if that. :(

sounds like somethings gone astray, thats why i dont do automatic things etc, i like to be in control so they dont take the ****

are you sure you have free internet on your package still? because internet per MB is a real killer for PAYG phones.... and iphones go through internet like theres no tomorrow!

are you sure you have free internet on your package still? because internet per MB is a real killer for PAYG phones.... and iphones go through internet like theres no tomorrow!

To be honest i don't know what i'm been charged for :mad: dophin plan on orange is suppose to be free internet and free texts. I'm guessing if thats not working i'm just getting charged full rate for everything :(

im now on dolphin and apparently if you pay a tenner a month you get 100mb? free a month

sounds like shes paid more than the tenner

That was my first thought as well.

A few years ago, I once had a MMS stuck in my outbox which was trying to send for a few days and kept failing. It cost all my credit in a day (about £20-£30).

I only spend £10 a month on my iphone and I'm on 3 payg.

Ring Orange and ask for a breakdown on how your credit is being spent. Although take it off automatic top up straight away! That's just giving Orange too much power!

To be honest i don't know what i'm been charged for :mad: dophin plan on orange is suppose to be free internet and free texts. I'm guessing if thats not working i'm just getting charged full rate for everything :(

Are you downloading loads of apps/music? Data charges soon add up!

that sounds like the most realistic conclusion from the facts as i have interpreted them...

i get 2GB with 3 on my contract... and use nearly all of that up on my iPhone!

data charges certainly do add up very quickly - im not sure about orange but some providers charger £3+ per MB over your allowance....

if i was you, i'd ask for a full refund of the £500 you've been charged!

and how come you dont go onto a sim only contract? for £20 on 3 you get unlimited calls / texts / internet.... cant beat it really!

im now on dolphin and apparently if you pay a tenner a month you get 100mb? free a month

sounds like shes paid more than the tenner

100mb isnt really a lot tbh.... i could use that in a couple of days in an iphone - but i do use it to run my life! haha

100mb isnt really a lot tbh.... i could use that in a couple of days in an iphone - but i do use it to run my life! haha

tbh ive only had my android phone since christmas so i dunno.

ive downloaded a couple of emulators and avg antivirus, apart from that ive just been posting on here at breaktimes at work etc