Boardwalk Restaurant gone into administration .. What happens next ??

Boardwalk Restaurant, centertainment,sheffield went into administration on monday13th Jan with no warning to staff. what happens next ?? My daughter had not been there a full year so what will she be entitled too? (if anything)

Edited by nuttycow13

Boardwalk Restaurant, centertainment,sheffield went into arbitration on monday13th Jan with no warning to staff. what happens next ?? My daughter had not been there a full year so what will she be entitled too? (if anything)

Do you mean administration not arbitration?

I was made redundant on Wednesday :( I believe you have to work somewhere at least a year to get anything, as redundancy pay is calculated per full year of employment.

IE if youve worked somewhere 3 1/2 years, you get 3 weeks redundancy pay etc. Its also dependant on age.

Edited by nikki-red

Do you mean administration not arbitration?

Yes !! Thankyou.. LOL

you need to have two years employment to qualify for redundancy payments.

the administrators may be able to recover sufficient cash to pay some or all of the unpaid wages and notice pay though i wouldn't hold your breath. they may be able to sell the business to someone who might need some staff in which case your daughter may be able to keep her job.

there may also be a chance of claiming some money from the NI fund, i can't remember the criteria or find a link are so don't get your hopes up.

the best thing to do is talk to the administrator and somewhere like the cab.

your daughter should, of course, sign on at the dss or whatever they call it these days

you need to have two years employment to qualify for redundancy payments.

the administrators may be able to recover sufficient cash to pay some or all of the unpaid wages and notice pay though i wouldn't hold your breath. they may be able to sell the business to someone who might need some staff in which case your daughter may be able to keep her job.

there may also be a chance of claiming some money from the NI fund, i can't remember the criteria or find a link are so don't get your hopes up.

the best thing to do is talk to the administrator and somewhere like the cab.

your daughter should, of course, sign on at the dss or whatever they call it these days

is it true that what ever she earns ( gets another job or dss money )whilt waiting for this to be settled will be taken out of the money she would be entitled too.

is it true that what ever she earns ( gets another job or dss money )whilt waiting for this to be settled will be taken out of the money she would be entitled too.

i don't think so, any payment she received would be related to the job she has lost not any subsequent job.

There is also 20% tax taken from (IIRC, got mine a couple of months ago) redundancy. (Not real tax, they take it off as it would have been taken off real pay)

if your redundancy pay is the statutory amount then you shouldn't pay tax unless its over £30,000.

redundancy packages may include other payments such as holiday pay, pay in lieu of notice etc. these may or may not be taxable. under certain conditions, generally as part of a compromise agreement, hmrc, allows these to be paid tax and national insurance free.

Thats a shame, I actually liked it in there, i have a napkin which me and my hubby wrote on before we got married when we went for a meal in there, it was nice :)

Thats a shame, I actually liked it in there, i have a napkin which me and my hubby wrote on before we got married when we went for a meal in there, it was nice :)

I remember it used to be nice in there a few years ago, but i went in there a few weeks ago for the first time in ages and it had really gone downhill. The staff seemed more interested in chatting and messing around in front of the customers. And the tv was out of focus! Little things like that would spoiled the experience and that is something that is easily solveable. It's a pity it has gone into administration and people have lost their jobs though as being out of work is hard at the best of times but in this economic environment it's a whole lot tougher.