Government to charge for child maintenance service

Its been all over the news today that the government are going to start charging single parents for the use of the child maintenance agency!

Just wondered what people's views on this are?

As a mother that has to use the CSA to get money from my ex partner (due to the fact that he refuses to pay otherwise, or says he will then doesn't) I think its a disgrace! The government are punishing people for being single! :loopy: I left my partner because it wasnt a good relationship for our son to be brought up around. All the government is doing is punishing my son, because the charge will no doubt come out of the child maintenance! :rant:

I hope David Cameron is happy with himself! (but Im sure he is)

I agree with this, as long as no amicable agreement can be made between parents then why shouldnt this be a chargeable service?? and as long as the maintenance is of a reasonable amount in the first place.

Please think yourself lucky, I got no help in pursuing money from my kids father in The states, and I get about 50p a day!

I would happily pay a fee to have a proper system in place, if it meant I was getting money for my kid.

wasnt it supposed to be a complete waste of space and shambolic a while ago?

With regards to the shambolic. beaurocratical labyrinth that is the CSA - Close it down. That's all they are good for.

Or is it righting the wrong of mollycoddling people through every aspect of their lives? If your man won't pay then get a court to order him to do so. Why should the central pot pay for this?

Yeah i agree with you!. You shouldn't have to pay that is what you pay taxes for. You shouldn't have to pay taxes twice. CSA is a mess at the mo and they have the nerve to charge!.

Yeah i agree with you!. You shouldn't have to pay that is what you pay taxes for. You shouldn't have to pay taxes twice. CSA is a mess at the mo and they have the nerve to charge!.

If taxes paid for everything the country wouldn't have a budget defect of hundreds of millions of pounds. Services such as the CSA would no doubt become better performing if they had to be self sufficient or at least cover a % of their operating costs through fee collection.

I think its a good thing, it may mean more people coming to private agreements.

For me I would much prefer this after the amount of ****-ups the CSA has caused me over the years, including mass hostilities between me and my ex.

The CSA are the biggest bunch of incompetent tossers in this country!!

If it brings about the end of the actions of the CSA that pit parents against one another then its a good thing.

The CSA have lied to me in the past, they have cheated me, they have defrauded me and have intentionally fed my ex with lies in order to drive a wedge between us.

I hold the CSA responsible for the 8 years I lost with my son, but when you complain, they ignore you and because they are judge jury and executioner, you cannot win.

The sooner the CSA are gone the better and if I saw one of their offices on fire, I wouldn't answer the call of nature to help fight the flames.

If it brings about the end of the actions of the CSA that pit parents against one another then its a good thing.

The CSA have lied to me in the past, they have cheated me, they have defrauded me and have intentionally fed my ex with lies in order to drive a wedge between us.

I hold the CSA responsible for the 8 years I lost with my son, but when you complain, they ignore you and because they are judge jury and executioner, you cannot win.

The sooner the CSA are gone the better and if I saw one of their offices on fire, I wouldn't answer the call of nature to help fight the flames.

Sounds similar to my experience, if you are the NRP, you are automatically the bad guy/gal and they will treat you as such.

According to Today on R4 yesterday it costs 40p in tax to collect every £1.