Hiring a bar for a party in Sheffield

I need to hire somewhere for my wife's 30th birthday in a few weeks in Sheffield. Ideally a bar in the city centre or close to the city centre.

Can anyone recommend anywhere nice and not too pricey?

Around the 29th of Jan I think

Ah, if it had been a weekday I would have had a few suggestions...

I need to hire somewhere for my wife's 30th birthday in a few weeks in Sheffield. Ideally a bar in the city centre or close to the city centre.

Can anyone recommend anywhere nice and not too pricey?

try the Royal Standard .we have a due this Saturday night , and they give you all the pub . All be it a couple of regulars (oldies) who sit in the snug.

Or the Earl Marshall (east bank road) . Decent room at the rear .

we might be able to accommodate at bar 23, what are your requirements, call katie or jonny on 01142722323

thanks

What size parties can you cater for at bar 23? We will probably have around 50.

If you are thining of hiring a bar in the city centre for your exclusive use on a saturday night it is going to be very expensive. I say this as someone who has worked in catering. For a bar to close for private use you will probably have to guarantee a certain amount behind the bar (usually their average takings for the night)

You will be better off finding a bar that can section off an area for your private use or that has a private room

I hired Tulip Lounge last year for my 30th. We had the whole venue and they can do buffets too. Don't know if it's still trading, but worth a look into. They didn't charge for the hire, we just a minimum spend on the buffet. They also let us bring our own fizz for welcome drinks - just paid a corkage.

I'd agree that the Tulip Lounge is a good value option. Very central, but just off the beaten track enough to be good value! Had some good weekday events there - but not for a while. Deffo worth checking out though.....

How about the stardust bar above the cutlers on cambridge st - that is ONLY for private hire...