Canon eos 400d advice wanted

hi all im just getting in to photography and im thinking of getting a canon eos 400d dslr camera so i am after any advice about this camera and if it would be ok for me to start off with, and also if anyone out there is selling one or know anyone who is selling one that would be great, thanks all. chris

The 400d is quite an old model now, and the current model is the 500d if I remember correctly. I have a 450d that I bought in 2008, which was the next model after the 400.

The 450d I have is fantastic, very easy to use and takes very impressive pictures. I also bought it for starting off but don't feel the need to upgrade, and all I've bought since (well got as an xmas present) was a Sigma 70-300 lens which is brilliant.

click on the 'report post' link under your username and request that a mod moves this to the photography section of SF. also be a good place for you to have a look through some of the threads if your just starting out.

are you interested in the decks pal, cant pm you as you have to many messages or somet

400d will be spot on, excellent camrea and you should be able to get one quite cheap now.

thanks all, iv just bought a eos 400d in mint condition with 2 lenses and a battery grip and loads of extras for just 290.00 :)