Rubber dingy rapids bro!

Hi guys! recently saw four lions...... I don't get what all the fuss was about. Most of the film was kind of boring... and silly over all.

I did like a few scenes though, they made me laugh... allot.

What I liked the most though was the fact they made these terrorist guys out to be idiots to be laughed at. I suppose that was the intention?

Didn't get the white guy though.... what was that all about?

It's a good film, just the logistics of the marathon at the end that lets it down.

Trying to make out the Moor and Wicker were in London :/

Yeah, I was a bit miffed at that as well lol.

Who were on't fone then bro?

Classic

Hi guys! recently saw four lions...... I don't get what all the fuss was about. Most of the film was kind of boring... and silly over all.

I did like a few scenes though, they made me laugh... allot.

What I liked the most though was the fact they made these terrorist guys out to be idiots to be laughed at. I suppose that was the intention?

Didn't get the white guy though.... what was that all about?

I loved it. It manages to make great comedy out of a subject that most filmmakers wouldn't go near and would screw up if they did. It's also genuinely touching in a completely unexpected way.

I seem to remember that Chris Morris was inspired by seeing offcuts from a video made by soon-to-be suicide bombers in which they were larking about and being silly just like normal young men before they started to deliver their serious message. He was struck by how everyday they seemed to be aside from their fundamentalist leanings and wondered how the two sides of their personalities could coexist. Summat like that anyway.

It's not like he explores the reasons why the characters choose the path they do, not in great depth anyway. I suppose that would make the job of extracting humour even more difficult than it was to begin with.

I think Barry's there to represent the sort of lost, angry man who's desperate to be part to something big because his life is empty. The other members of the cell are born into spirituality (obviously, they go about expressing it in a twisted way) but he seems to be the sort of bloke who wouldn't have anything if he didn't belong to that group. As to why he's a white man, it's open to interpretation. Maybe to take things away from a racial perspective and add diversity? A suggestion of a spiritual crisis in Western, secular society? Maybe that actor just gave the best audition in casting.

I don't think the Wicker/London thing is a big problem even for viewers who know Sheffield's geography. In fact it's an inspired bit of budgetting that works surprisingly well, it had me fooled until I saw Kebabish! Apart from that, there's a sort of logical approach to the layout of Sheffield that's much more accurate to reality than most films are when filming on location.

ill smash your head with the ting ill run u over with tractor lol