Weight-loss support thread.

Well I forgot to post on Friday but I'm another 4lbs down over the last two weeks. Not coming off as fast as I'd like it to but I've not got a huge amount to lose so it's going to be quite slow. Least it's a loss!!!

:banana: Well done!!!!

Edited by Jess22
Removing deleted post

This thread is a support area for people trying to lose weight and compare weight loss. Please do not advertise in this thread, instead post in one of the sticky threads in the group. Any posts purely for advertising will be deleted.

Thanks, and well done to everyone sticking with the weight loss, anyone struggling after the end of January blues keep at it :thumbsup:

Hi everyone congratulations on all of your weight losses, weighing 132kg I started my weight loss on the 17th of jan using the ds game active health with carol vordaman i'm male aged 24 6ft1 three weeks in i'm now 126kg works out at 13.3 pounds lost, i'm eating 1800-2000 calories a day (carol keeps telling me to eat more boo) the game is great its all about walking and being more active you get an activity meter that you pop in you pocket that counts you steps, it set me the virtual task of walking from lands end to john o'groats i'm currently at plymouth, best bit of the game is that you pop all you weight hight age ect and it will show you your progress, other than waking a lot more i'm also having a breakfast which i've never done I carnt eat in a morning so I have a slim fast shake, i'm not doing the slim fast diet just one in the morning to kick start the day. My weigh in is a monday so i'll let you know how things are going

Edited by superconko

Hi everyone congratulations on all of your weight losses, weighing 132kg I started my weight loss on the 17th of jan using the ds game active health with carol vordaman i'm male aged 24 6ft1 three weeks in i'm now 126kg works out at 13.3 pounds lost, i'm eating 1800-2000 calories a day (carol keeps telling me to eat more boo)

Sounds like you are doing really well. If the diet allows you to eat more calories at the moment I would have them :) You will still loose a considerable amount of weight and then when you get closer to your ideal weigh your calories go down. I have less then a stone to go and am on 1157 calories (which I top up with excerise so I can eat more!) I would love to be back at the stage when I was 'allowed' 500+ more calories a day and still lost :)

Just a thought as you are more likely to stick at it long term if it is manageable and that the calories go down the less you weigh as you are carrying less weight around :)

Fox, it's still a loss! :) Well done! It's because you don't have a huge amount to lose-I get disheartened when I only lose a small amount too-but I know from experience (remember me when I was huge? :hihi: ) that back then I could easily lose four or five pounds in a week. Doesn't work like that any more 'cos I only need to lose another half a stone of so. Well done :)

Fox, it's still a loss! :) Well done! It's because you don't have a huge amount to lose-I get disheartened when I only lose a small amount too-but I know from experience (remember me when I was huge? :hihi: ) that back then I could easily lose four or five pounds in a week. Doesn't work like that any more 'cos I only need to lose another half a stone of so. Well done :)

Thanks LM :)

To be fair I've hardly exercised in the two weeks so I guess that's why.

And without sounding like a syrupy creep - huge? :o You have always looked amazing, and certainly never huge!!

2lbs for me in 2 weeks but seen as I haven't done a scrap of excercise for 10days and had a brilliant weekend which consisted of pizza, wine, mcdonalds (for the wine hangover) then a wedding with more wine, vodka and wine i'm not that upset!!

Might try running tonight? (I think i've gone mad!)

Can i join in i am currently doing slimming world have lost 6st 8lb to date got another 2st 8lb to lose to get to target, like the others have said they weight is def coming off slower now than it was to start with, i was losing quite big amounts every week (have been doing it since aug 2010) but now i am only lost 1-1.5 lb a week although i did lose 5lb this week which was a surprise :)

Hi mary70

Welcome along

well done with the loss so far. I know i need to step up my excercise now to help along with the weight loss. But also really want to get fitter and see what ways I can torture myself this summer fundraising!

Hi everyone, I joined slimming world and have lost 7lb in the first three weeks (need to lose about 3 stone in total).

I find it a very easy diet to follow, more about adjusting my diet than canging it completely.

This week I've started cycling more and next week I've decided to start running using the couch to 5k training programme that evei linked to (the ipod podcast training sessions sound fab).