Weight-loss support thread.

Well i'll have to give this a go too as i booked my holidays last night so now have to loose weight by june or i'll be sat in Lanzarote in jeans and a jumper!

So, when i was about 20 i got PCOS and my weight rocketed from 8.5 stone to 14.5 stone :o, i ended up depressed with mild bulimia and BDD. Since having some treatment i managed to get back down to 12 stone (a dress size 14 on me) and had maintained that for about 5 years so i was ok about my size if not entirely happy.

In the last 2 years i've gained weight again and last night according to the Wii i am 13 stone 13lbs so i need to take action before it gets any worse.

Have been dabbling with the low GI diet as its supposed to be the best for my medical problem so i'll have to get my book out and try a little harder.

I am not brave enough to post my weight on here :D.......I am being realistic in that I dont want to be super thin just happy and able to look good in my clothes without feeling uncomfortable

I would say I am nearly at that point............just another 10-14lb would be great

I live on my own so only tend to buy food as I need it, I never buy biscuits or cakes...if there not there I cant eat them

I count cals also and even on 1200 find it difficult to loose, so I am going to aim for 1000 a day..........

I should really do some exercise as I do none...........maybe that would help,

so looking to do so form exercise................

and alcohol is strictly for weekends :hihi:

I hate that alcohol is for weekends. I really enjoy a pint or four of ale, but I made the mistake of googling calories in beer.....eeeeek!!! :hihi:

As for not wanting to be superthin-snap! Anything below 10.5-11 stone and I look terrible.

How do you resist things in the supermarket? I'm terrible, especially when I'm shopping and hungry :hihi:

Well i'll have to give this a go too as i booked my holidays last night so now have to loose weight by june or i'll be sat in Lanzarote in jeans and a jumper!

So, when i was about 20 i got PCOS and my weight rocketed from 8.5 stone to 14.5 stone :o, i ended up depressed with mild bulimia and BDD. Since having some treatment i managed to get back down to 12 stone (a dress size 14 on me) and had maintained that for about 5 years so i was ok about my size if not entirely happy.

In the last 2 years i've gained weight again and last night according to the Wii i am 13 stone 13lbs so i need to take action before it gets any worse.

Have been dabbling with the low GI diet as its supposed to be the best for my medical problem so i'll have to get my book out and try a little harder.

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad it's not just me who suffers with eating issues-and this is why I have to be careful I'm sensible when I'm on a diet.

If you are brave enough to post your weight, then I will!

I'm 5 foot 7, and as of Sunday I was 12 stone 5. I's like to be about 11 stone 3. I do like having some curves, and would hate to be skinny. On my tall frame and with my build I look awful too thin. I'm still in my size 12s (just), and will probably be a very small 12 when I finish.

Is the low GI diet easy to follow?

Ok i'll be brave and post what I weigh. I started lipotrim but had to come off it. The headaches got to me that much that I was spending my evenings crying my eyes out. I wont dismiss LT, its something i'll keep in mind but for now, im just eating sensible, no takeaways, nothing drastic just cutting the crap out. I agreed with my partner that we're to both only buy brown bread, and lowfat healthy butter. No chips, baked pots instead. That kind of approach. Im not counting my calories. I got weighed on new years eve, and have since done a full week of lipotrim and the past few days of sensible eating. I weighed................ 16stone 12.5lbs :|

Is the low GI diet easy to follow?

Well my bf and i are trying it, there seems to be seven "basic starter" rules but sure once you get into it i'm sure its a bit more complicated.

1. Eat seven portions of fruit and veg a day

2. Choose wholegrain breads and cereals

3. Eat more legumes eg chickpeas etc

4. Include nuts in your diet regularly like a handful per day

5. Eat more fish than meat, particularly oily fish

6. Choose lean meats and low fat dairy

7. Choose certain types of fats like olive oil, nuts, seeds, fish oils

Before christmas when we did try it properly wedid both loose weight so have to see how it goes.

Well my weigh in day will be every wednesday, but am also doing inch loss so that if one result is not so good the other one might be!

i am 5ft 8 and a half, and i weigh 85.1 kilos. (kilos sound much better than stone/lbs, as no1 knows what a kilo is lol!) but it makes me 13st 6 lbs :( :(

aim is to get to 12 stone (i know its still alot, but i dont want to be slim, i just want to be a comfortable 12-14). so i will be happy with a 1lb-2lb weight loss, i want to feel healthier rather than be a size 8!

good luck everyone!

today already ive had 1litre smoothie, a banana, snack a jacks and chicken tikka healthy wrap. argh!

I recently lose over 23kg but then gained most of it back once me and my girlfriend broke up.

Hey guys, I'm in on this although I'm not going to be as brave as Gina (well done) and tell you all how much I weigh.

I am vegetarian (or more strictly a pescatarian) and as well as being a bit of a foodie, I work around food and have worked in a health food shop so I am very very aware of what's good and what's not, which I often feel makes it a lot worse that I'm overweight. Beer, bread and chocolate are my big down falls.

I would like to lose three stone as a starting point to get me down to loveably cuddly (I hope).

I know it's been posted on the other thread but this site is absolutely bloody brilliant. http://www.myfitnesspal.com

I've been figuring it out for the past couple of days and I think it's great. It has a huge database of different food and drinks including particular brands so it's brill for easily tracking what's good and what's not. You can also input excercise and stuff as well, as well as putting foods together into meals so you don't have to input seperate components each time. I'm sticking absolutely everything in there, cups of coffee, wine, fruit, [low fat] margarine, everything.

My username is bogwoppit on there as well if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

Good luck all

Sarah

[

Weenireeni I want your figure woman, are you crazy :wow::) But getting hubby pay up is a brill incentive :hihi:

i;ll happily swap with you lol! but thanks for the compliment :) i want to step away from the size 16 trews and into my nice size 14s :(

Hi there,

I'm also trying to loose a bit of weight.

I started off back in October at a size 18.

I managed to loose 1 stone before christmas and am now a 16(ish you know how sizes vary!!!)

Somehow I managed to stay the same weight over the christmas period & now I'm trying to get back on track.

I've tried not set any unreasonable goals, I'll be happy to loose around 1lb a week but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't.

At the moment I'm just trying not to eat any rubbish & it seems to be working. I'm also signed up to WW online & when the no rubish thing stops working I'll follow it more strictly!

I still allow myself to have beer & treats at the weekend.

I'd like to be a comfortable size 14.

I've got a few weddings to go to this year so that is my motivation. The first is in July, hopfully I'll have reached my goal by then.

The last is my brother's wedding in September & I definitely don't want to be the fat sister of the groom!!

Good luck guys

DW

Lots of really motivated people! Sounds like a few of us have been slowly working ourselves down the numbers over the last few months too :)

I am 5'10" and currently at 11 stone 8 pounds and a size 14. I lost over a stone between Oct-Dec last year and popped a few back on over chirstmas so just need to get the last bit off now to get to 10 stone 7 pounds. I have 1194 calories a day and earn an extra (approx) 500 calories a day via excerise as I get too hungry otherwise. I don't count walking in my excerise as I have walked a dog for over 1 1/2 hours a day for years so my body is used to it!

Today I have had:

museli and semi milk

2 satsumas

50g dried pineapple

parma ham salad

chicken soup

mashed potato

peas

gravy

low fat sausage

yoghurt

20 minutes on the cross trainer

50 minute high impact gym class.

Hope everyone had a good day :) and if not remember it is what you do in the long term so today does not matter in the greater scheme of things ;)

Edited by Evei

well yesterday was my weigh in of week 1. only down 2lbs, but have lost 1 inch off my thigh, 1 inch off my bum and 2 inches off my arm! v pleased with the inch loss, hate having flabby arms!

Count me in :)

I'm doing the new Pro-points system with WW. I started watching what I ate just before Christmas (not the perfect time to start but hey ho) and have been on WW for nearly 2 weeks now. I've lost 7 pounds and almost dropped down to the next dress size. I'm 6 foot so want to get to about 11.5 stone (Or a size 10) whichever comes first :)

For every 1lb I lose I'm buying a 1lb of lard to stack up and put in perspective how well I'm doing :D