Weight-loss support thread.

I haven't disappeared either! I've just been away for since not last Friday but the Friday before. The gain is worse than I thought it was going to be when I got on the scales this morning-5lbs. Will come off easy peasy again though. I've lost three and a half stone before, so I KNOW I can lose weight, just feeling a bit crappy about the gain. I knew it was going to happen though, and I refused to make myself miserable on holiday by refusing to eat things I really wanted. The best motivation even though is a wedding in a couple of months that my OH's skinny ex is going to be at. I know it shouldn't matter what size I am, but the thought of getting back into my tens as opposed to being a large twelve again for when I have to see her is a happy one :hihi: Back on the wagon today then, and back to my trusty old diet stand by-porridge :love:

Well done everyone-everyone seems to be doing very well! :)

I lost 1.5lb this week only count in whole numbers though, so will take my 1lb with a head start for next week :D

1lb this week, 5lb this year, 38lb total :)

Well done bjshooter! :) You really have done ace! I've been super good the last two days and feel full of fresh motivation! Porridge makes me happy :hihi:

Well done bjshooter! :) You really have done ace! I've been super good the last two days and feel full of fresh motivation! Porridge makes me happy :hihi:

Haha, I love that, some odd things make me happy, sprouts being one of them :suspect: I do love them lol. I take anti depressents, not for depression though and they are messing with my weight losing abilities :( Its going so slow, the 1.5lb cheered me up though and so did a bit of sun outside.

Anyone else find a masive mood improvement with a bit of sun, as well as a much larger desire to eat health and exercise more? :love:

I love sprouts too! And brocolli and cauli :love: Trouble is I also love ice cream!

Know what you mean about the sun though-makes me want to walk the dog for hours and hours and make cous cous and eat cucumber :hihi: Just makes everything more positive doesn't it? And like there's more to look forward to each day then apple crumble after tea!

Edited by LitleMermaid

Anyone else find a masive mood improvement with a bit of sun, as well as a much larger desire to eat health and exercise more? :love:

I love the summer so any sun is welcome. Had a lovely walk with the dog this afternoon I'm just waiting for the light mornings now as I've walked in the dark in the mornings since October and I am getting a little sick of it now but the mornings are looking a little brighter :)

I hopefully will feel more like running outside more once it gets warmer and I've done the hard wok over winter so I will not be self concious when I run in daylight :hihi:

I love porridge too - it's a real comfort food but so healthy. If I get the munchies I make a little bit in the micro with skimmed milk and sweetener. I haven't weighed myself yet as I am scared that if I haven't lost I will go on a mega-binge and self-destruct! I have been 5 days now without stuffing myself which is the longest in the last 2 years. Although it sounds daft, it's a breakthrough for me :)

Well done losers (if you know what I mean!)

I've just had 2 squares of dark chocolate with sour cherries in and it was lovely! My OH can't understand how I can break a bit of choc off a bar and put the rest in the cupboard, but to me I'm only allowed to have it in the cupboard at all if I can have a little bit at a time, because if I eat the lot of it then I just won't buy any in future.

Still here too, not lost anything for a few weeks but not gained anything either and after a couple of mad weekends and too much bread and sweets and crisps! i'm ok with that! I want to try my hand at running but just need the evenings to get a bit lighter so I can head down to Rother Valley after work and make a start.

I'm the same as I was a few weeks ago, just can't seem to get motivated.:(

My sister runs a slimming class on Monday evening so am going to that this evening - probably won't follow the diet plan as it's slimming world and don't really like it - but getting weighed by someone weekly should shame me into looking at what I stuff my face with on a daily basis and hopefully make some changes.

I'm five pounds down this week! :wow: Finally the willpower has wormed it's way back into my brain!!!

Know what you mean about public weigh ins fff-the embarasssment alone would be enough to make me eat nothing but cup a soups all week :hihi: Good luck!

I'm five pounds down this week! :wow: Finally the willpower has wormed it's way back into my brain!!!

Know what you mean about public weigh ins fff-the embarasssment alone would be enough to make me eat nothing but cup a soups all week :hihi: Good luck!

Oh wow - well done LM!!

Although I am jealous and I hate you!!:hihi: