Weight-loss support thread.

dont be too hard on yourself we all have bad weeks :)

Eeek! Where has everyone gone? All the peeps who started to post have drifted away - to the biscuit tin?

I can't say much as I haven't lost any weight - in fact I have gained a pound! I was looking for inspiration/motivation as I am weak willed and give up easily. I can only assume you've all shrunk and are out on the town right now trying to fatten yourselves up.

Well, I haven't stuffed myself today; I've eaten healthily and just polished off an Activia FF yoghurt and that's it for today. Maybe it's the start of a real weight loss or maybe I'm just kidding myself and it will last 3 days as per usual!

C'mon I need some weight loss buddies!! :help:

I've not drifted away :)

I'm currently eating my tea whilst browsing the forum, but I'm very proudly eating stir fried chicken with beansprouts, pak choi and rice :)

This will be followed by a dessert of blueberries and yoghurt.

I'm still on the same weight I was a couple of weeks ago because I've had a fortnight of lying down and healing a torn muscle in my back so I awarded myself 2 weeks off- I started back at the gym today.

If you're only eating a yoghurt for the day then that's really not good you know. You need to eat a minimum level of food in order to keep your body processes working properly.

I've not drifted away :)

I'm currently eating my tea whilst browsing the forum, but I'm very proudly eating stir fried chicken with beansprouts, pak choi and rice :)

This will be followed by a dessert of blueberries and yoghurt.

I'm still on the same weight I was a couple of weeks ago because I've had a fortnight of lying down and healing a torn muscle in my back so I awarded myself 2 weeks off- I started back at the gym today.

If you're only eating a yoghurt for the day then that's really not good you know. You need to eat a minimum level of food in order to keep your body processes working properly.

No, Medusa, it was my final treat! I've had porridge, pitta bread with ham salad, moussaka (low cal) and fruit as well! :)

Ah, that's OK then :) I'm afraid my moussaka is full fat and full calorie, I just eat a very small portion of it with a huge pile of salad if I want to eat it.

How much weight do you want to lose?

I've lost a couple of stones but still got a fair distance to go. I reckon that if things go well I'll may get to the weight I want to stay at sometime around the end of next year, so I'm not prepared to start a programme that I can't maintain for years, I'd rather lose it slowly and healthily by making life changes rather than 'going on a diet'.

Hi medusa - I need to lose a stone. I have been kidding myself that I will lose it tomorrow, which as you know never comes. I also have a problem with binge eating so, for now, I've decided not to go on anything too regimented diet-wise.

I am trying to rewire my brain with a bit of self-CBT and a lot of distraction (saving my ironing etc. 'til the evening - sad!). I'm eating pretty well so far - my usual porridge for breakfast, pitta with Philly light and salad and home made veg soup this evening. I am looking forward to 2 squares of 70% chocolate and that's it! I have given myself until the end of May to lose 10lb and then the rest......

Best wishes Sancocho :)

Hi medusa - I need to lose a stone. I have been kidding myself that I will lose it tomorrow, which as you know never comes. I also have a problem with binge eating so, for now, I've decided not to go on anything too regimented diet-wise.

I'm pretty much doing the same as you :)

I just like eating biscuits and chocolate, and that is my major downfall. Just learning to limit them :hihi: to a reasonable amount as I generally eat quite well most of the time.. I have maintained for the last 3 weeks so going to cut a few more things out and up the veggie uptake instead this week! Least I know what I can eat and stay the same weight now!

Good luck!

I think that the importance of learning your own body and educating yourself as to how much of anything you can eat before you gain weight just cannot be stressed enough.

Knowing what your own triggers are is really important too- at least then your previous failures have a purpose (for you to learn from them and not make the same mistakes again).

If we all start trusting ourselves to know ourselves and not have to put money into the hands of people who claim to offer us the promise of 'easy weight loss' then we can spend more money on healthy food and change our real habits, rather than just going on a diet which lasts for as long as the diet does, before changing back to old eating habits after the diet is over and turning ourselves into yoyo dieters.

I would rather stay fat and have a stable weight than enter a cycle of perpetual yoyoing. I'm still going to make the weight loss happen though :)

Hi Sancocho,

I am not sure if you are actually vegeterian based on your description of food you eat. What I am seein ghere is that you won't have long term succes with your weight unless you increase the protein amount in your diet. What you are doing now is actually making you to lsoe your muscle mass instead of body fat and each kilo of muscle burtns 7 times more calories than kilo of body fat. Therefore day by day you are actually burning less and less calories naturally. You need to have sufficient amount of protein in your diet and I could give you the amount and hints how to do that if you can send me you current weight and hight. You need protein to build and maintain muscle, also it helps keep hunger away for longer.

Regards,

Janita

I am trying to rewire my brain with a bit of self-CBT and a lot of distraction (saving my ironing etc. 'til the evening - sad!). I'm eating pretty well so far - my usual porridge for breakfast, pitta with Philly light and salad and home made veg soup this evening. I am looking forward to 2 squares of 70% chocolate and that's it! I have given myself until the end of May to lose 10lb and then the rest......

Best wishes Sancocho :)

Hi Sancocho,

I am not sure if you are actually vegeterian based on your description of food you eat. What I am seein ghere is that you won't have long term succes with your weight unless you increase the protein amount in your diet. What you are doing now is actually making you to lsoe your muscle mass instead of body fat and each kilo of muscle burtns 7 times more calories than kilo of body fat. Therefore day by day you are actually burning less and less calories naturally. You need to have sufficient amount of protein in your diet and I could give you the amount and hints how to do that if you can send me you current weight and hight. You need protein to build and maintain muscle, also it helps keep hunger away for longer.

Regards,

Janita

Well, Janita, I'm not a vegetarian in that I eat ham, fish/prawns and very occasionally chicken & eggs. I don't eat red meat - I just don't like it and if I find a fatty bit in the chicken it gives me the squeeblies! I have eaten like this for the last 10 -15 years and have been slim - it was the onset of binge eating due to personal reasons which tipped the scales I'm afraid...

I still would recommend to add loads of protein in your diet. Seafood and poultry are very good and just keep away from fatty bits. Lean chicken breast does the job. This will help you getting rid of the body fat and balancing the diet better. Most of the people are not getting enough protein. As an example 60kg female 160cm tall should eat about 70-75g of protein / day. For men the figures are higher since the persentage of the body muscle is expected to be higher too.

Also try to get half of the protein from vegetable sources like from different beans, soya, lentils etc.

This is not just helping you to manage your weight or body composition but also improves your health in a long term.

Janita

Well, Janita, I'm not a vegetarian in that I eat ham, fish/prawns and very occasionally chicken & eggs. I don't eat red meat - I just don't like it and if I find a fatty bit in the chicken it gives me the squeeblies! I have eaten like this for the last 10 -15 years and have been slim - it was the onset of binge eating due to personal reasons which tipped the scales I'm afraid...

Had my worst week at slimming world this week (Week 6), I'd only lost half a pound. Due to drinking too much wine last weekend which led to chocolate cake and various other uncounted 'syns'!

I've lost 13lb in total, so overall I'm finding it very good -

Ho hum, must try harder!

At least you still lost and didn't gain :)