Weight-loss support thread.

The diets - how long do you pan to stick with the diets? a week, month, year, forever?

There will come a time when you go back to eating normally, at that point you will pile the weight back on, plus extra.

Evi - the reason you prob felt tierd and couldn't run is probably because your body is crying out for more fuel. If your expecting your body to do more work, then it simply needs more fuel.

Cutting back on food and excercising is not a good idea

disagree with that one. being on a diet doesnt mean you will regain everything you lost.

if you go back to eating the way you did when you gained weight in the first place then sure. but that wasnt "normal" eating was it

that is why the different diets spend so much time on re educating thier members about healthy eating, portion sizes and exercise

Thanks Jess. I know headaches are normal on a ketogenic diet not sure about severe though. The diet im following - theres no alternatives - its tablet sweetners or nothing. I cant have anything else in regards to drinks, just dr pepper or coke zero (not even 'meant' to have these but I know they wont knock me out of ketosis and they dont contain any calories) but its water all the way + my shakes/soups :)

i usually get a headache on day 3 or 4 just as i go into ketosis but nothing after that unless i havnt had enough water for my body ( the 2.25l for me just isnt enough )

i usually get a headache on day 3 or 4 just as i go into ketosis but nothing after that unless i havnt had enough water for my body ( the 2.25l for me just isnt enough )

Very much so. I didnt get headache on round 1 [lipotrim]. I got headache on round 2 [exante, and lipotrim leftovers] on days 3/4/5 but I didnt go into ketosis, I dont know why it just wasnt happening, never got my energy boost [and ketostix stayed the same grr] nearly a fortnight at 100% and im still not in ketosis, doctor said its rare but happens. Brilliant but will see how I get on, at week 4 weigh in! If ive lost under 10lbs then im considering throwing the darn vanilla shake at someones head :lol:

disagree with that one. being on a diet doesnt mean you will regain everything you lost.

if you go back to eating the way you did when you gained weight in the first place then sure. but that wasnt "normal" eating was it

that is why the different diets spend so much time on re educating thier members about healthy eating, portion sizes and exercise

I would disagree that many diets would be classed as normal eating, with the side effects that keep being mentioned on various SF threads.

If you put the weight back on after being on the diet, then I would disagree about it being normal eating - what you would need to address is the energy being used, which is why I mentioned for many of you a 'sunday morning walk' would have huge benefits as it would help burn off the calories you eat.

What is normal eating? to me its a healthy and varied diet, and yes that includes chocololate, your daily lattes and other things that you enjoy in life. Counting portions and generally starving yourself is not normal eating, which is probably why many people who post on these threads complain of side effects.

I would disagree that many diets would be classed as normal eating, with the side effects that keep being mentioned on various SF threads.

show me where i said diets were normal eating. there not thier diets, there designed to reduce calorie intake, usually with an increase in your daily activity to help you get rid of excess fat

If you put the weight back on after being on the diet, then I would disagree about it being normal eating - what you would need to address is the energy being used, which is why I mentioned for many of you a 'sunday morning walk' would have huge benefits as it would help burn off the calories you eat.

again i said if you went back to your old eating habits. i used to weigh 23 and a half stone, that wasnt normal and if i revert to eating the way i used to guess what would happen.

with a dietitians help i was placed on 1500cals a day and i put in 4 hours at the gym 5 days a week, slighly more than a sunday walk, i lost nothing and i stuck to it for months, i have a metaolic disorder so sorry doesnt work for everyone

What is normal eating? to me its a healthy and varied diet, and yes that includes chocololate, your daily lattes and other things that you enjoy in life. Counting portions and generally starving yourself is not normal eating, which is probably why many people who post on these threads complain of side effects.

normal eating is getting in your correct portions along with the occasional treat

i disagree about counting portions not being normal. we all know the suggestions by the medical community as being the norm. balance from the food groups is normal, cant get all your cals from ice cream can ya

Hi can anyone help i am thinking of going on a meal replacement diet or similar. i am 30 and i am 5.6 and weigh about 11st i think (maybe less) scales have broken

i hate my body its disgusting my stomach is so fat i have to wear control pants under anything tight. i have really bad love handles. i am a size 14 this is the biggest i have ever been sometimes i cant even get in to a size 14.

i dont eat badly though and rarely drink alcohol. i do go to the gym about twice a week. but i need to loose weight badly. i dont want to have to cook my own meals and count calories all the time so something where food is supplied or a food substitute would be best.

what is the best meal replacement diet? i have looked at diet chef but its £195 a month and i cant afford that.

any suggestions?

Hi DaisyBoo,

I can get you to shed that weight, keep it off, save your money and never put on that weight again. Plus you don't need to feel like dieting but just enjoy your life. Pm your number and the best time to call and we will speak.

Janita

Hi can anyone help i am thinking of going on a meal replacement diet or similar. i am 30 and i am 5.6 and weigh about 11st i think (maybe less) scales have broken

i hate my body its disgusting my stomach is so fat i have to wear control pants under anything tight. i have really bad love handles. i am a size 14 this is the biggest i have ever been sometimes i cant even get in to a size 14.

i dont eat badly though and rarely drink alcohol. i do go to the gym about twice a week. but i need to loose weight badly. i dont want to have to cook my own meals and count calories all the time so something where food is supplied or a food substitute would be best.

what is the best meal replacement diet? i have looked at diet chef but its £195 a month and i cant afford that.

any suggestions?

any suggestions?

One hour each week, and you could see results like the ones outlined below

• Size 16 to a 12 in 8 weeks
  • 8cm lost from waistline and bottom in 6 weeks
  • 5cm lost from each thigh in 5 weeks
  • 35 in weight lost in 12 weeks
  • Visible changes to bodyshape and fast

No need for meal replacement diets, you simply eat sensibly and in moderation.

The cost? not £195 a month, instead the cost is a more reasonable £10 - £18 a month. Join one our friendly classes and see real changes and fast

Edited by Shef_Fitness

what is the best meal replacement diet? i have looked at diet chef but its £195 a month and i cant afford that. any suggestions?

I'm not a fan of meal replacement diets. You do not have that much too loose, so I would look into what you are doing at the gym and mix it up a bit, get some free weights into the routines (avoid the machines) and do a mix of aerobic and weights, ask at the gym for a review and tell them what you want to achieve from the work out. Women do not get bulky from doing weights unless they follow a very strict diet and routine, you will just tone up. You can be slender and flabby :hihi: so weights are as important as aerobic excerise.

Then look at what you are eating, my problem is portion sizes, not that I eat massively unhealthily. I would happily eat double ot triple what a 'normal' portion is, so check your portions are correct and pad out with lots of vegetables if you still are hungry. The biggest thing to remember is that weight is not everything, you can still loose cms without the weight loss ;) I have gone from a size 14 to a 12 without loosing much weight, it has mainly been due to excerise.

Good Luck! and remember that your body takes time to respond and change :) (I have no training in diet or excerise so there might be a lot better people to advise you!)

Daisy,

Unfortunately there is no quick fix to healthy sustainable weight loss. Meal replacments work only as they restrict your calorie intake but they can have many side effects. The biggest problem is they dont manage your emotions or understandings of food. Research has found that when you finish a "Very Low Calorie" plan that the weight returns with extra. I am a qualified nutritionist and a secondary school teacher of the subject. I feel that I could really help you at a fraction of the cost of £195 of a food subsitute that may in the long term cause weight gain. I will provide you with personalised 1-1 coaching that suits you, we can incorporate diet plans, cooking lessons on how to adapt recipes and portion sizes and exercise support. This will change your whole view on dieting - as its not. Its healthy lifestyle. I myself battled with my weight (I used to be a size 16 and now I am an 8) I tried all the diets out there, but with what I learnt I applied and I know the facts and how to apply it. It would be fantastic if I could help you, PM me :)

Charlotte BSc Hons APHNutr PGCE

Daisy,

Unfortunately there is no quick fix to healthy sustainable weight loss. Meal replacments work only as they restrict your calorie intake but they can have many side effects. The biggest problem is they dont manage your emotions or understandings of food. Research has found that when you finish a "Very Low Calorie" plan that the weight returns with extra. I am a qualified nutritionist and a secondary school teacher of the subject. I feel that I could really help you at a fraction of the cost of £195 of a food subsitute that may in the long term cause weight gain. I will provide you with personalised 1-1 coaching that suits you, we can incorporate diet plans, cooking lessons on how to adapt recipes and portion sizes and exercise support. This will change your whole view on dieting - as its not. Its healthy lifestyle. I myself battled with my weight (I used to be a size 16 and now I am an 8) I tried all the diets out there, but with what I learnt I applied and I know the facts and how to apply it. It would be fantastic if I could help you, PM me :)

Charlotte BSc Hons APHNutr PGCE

My bold.

But how was this research conducted? I know of atleast 100 people who lost and maintained the losses. Its all good and well, people who are promoting saying they dont work. I think those who have tried it (or people just not promoting) should be able to have a say really. Im on VLCD, and im planning a refeed and maintaining programme follow up, I have 100% confidence in myself that VLCD will work for me. I will post when ive finished, and my results etc. Personally, unless youve followed a VLCD, I dont see how you can comment on their bad side effects (when there are plenty of good ones)

Daisy, me personally I dont think you have much to loose. I dont think a VLCD, is something that you'll maintain at. Total replacements sort of kick the habits you have, from the extent of not eating for a few months. If you were to follow TFR for a few months, you'd end up severely underweight. But doing it for a few weeks, you wouldnt kick old habits and maintain (this is of course my opinion). Good luck, whichever you decide.

Edited by gina2007