Weight-loss support thread.

Ok, so altogether since 1st January 2011 ive lost.... 13lbs :( Now remind me why I didnt stick out TFR... I'm very tempted to go back on it. Although a different variety (exante). I've seen the losses from a forum member on here, and lots of people on minimins and i'm kicking myself for not sticking it out. Start weight: 220lbs (1st jan). As of 25th Jan, 207lbs. Couldve lost that in a week on tfr :(

Hi all,

Not been able to get on for a while properly to have a nosy at how we are all doing only a 1lb and half for me in the last 2 weeks but I have finally broken the 10st mark for the first time in a long time and got into a skirt at the weekend I haven't worn in at least 4 yrs so was rather chuffed with that!.

gina just think though by doing it this was you have more chance of keeping it off! and 13lb in 3 weeks is rather good! :clap:

Well done everyone.

Ok, so altogether since 1st January 2011 ive lost.... 13lbs :( Now remind me why I didnt stick out TFR... I'm very tempted to go back on it. Although a different variety (exante). I've seen the losses from a forum member on here, and lots of people on minimins and i'm kicking myself for not sticking it out. Start weight: 220lbs (1st jan). As of 25th Jan, 207lbs. Couldve lost that in a week on tfr :(

You've done great to say it's only 3 week. Chin Up

I know its a big loss, in the timescale but its really disheartening to go onto another forum and see updates that theyve lost 28lbs in 4 weeks. I'll see what payday throws at me.. and I know i'll keep it off because my plan was to join WW or SW, once i'd lost that initial few stone... :(

what have other people got to do with this Gina? This is about you! If you really must go reading other people's stories and comparing yourself, pick yourself tales of smaller losses to compare to!

Anyway, the more you lose, the less comes off each week

You probably would be better off joining a group if negative thought like this are likely to let you down when you're doing so well!

Ok, so altogether since 1st January 2011 ive lost.... 13lbs :(
I think that is an amazing loss :) I am very close to my ideal weight so I have to put up with 1-2 pound losses most of the time and that is being in the gym/ excersing for at least 1 1/2 hours a day and walking a dog 2 hours a day!

Hi all,

Not been able to get on for a while properly to have a nosy at how we are all doing only a 1lb and half for me in the last 2 weeks but I have finally broken the 10st mark for the first time in a long time and got into a skirt at the weekend I haven't worn in at least 4 yrs so was rather chuffed with that!.

That is excellent :) so exciting going down the boundaries.

Ah well, here goes. I've been reading this thread all through so decided I may aswell join you all.

I started Slimming World (Walkley)Thursday 6th Jan. First week I lost 3.5lbs, second week I lost 1lb.

Keep it up :) Try to squeeze in excerise, I find it is this that makes the differance for me.

I weigh myself tomorrow, hoping for a 1 pound (or 2 if I am lucky) loss. The gym has been doing the trick though and the cm's are coming off quickly, need some new work trousers as I can pull them on and off without undoing them, I look like I am doing that mad kid crazy of having the crotch near my knees :hihi: A good excuse to go shopping!

Well, in the two weeks since i joined this thread i've lost...2lb! Its been horrid, i seem to be struck with diet panic.

I started on the low GI diet but cheated then started looking at alternatives WW, celebrity slim, Low carb the list of these diets is endless. In the end i've spent so much time looking into all the diets and worrying about which is best i've done none :(

Then everyday i get these emails from the forum of this thread telling me how well everyone else is doing which stresses me more!

Really need to get a grip and focus, just not sure how. Maybe next week will be better.

But congratulations to everyone who's doing well :)

Everyones doing brill :D

I had put on 4lb over night at one point this week, so hoping it at least evens out by sat

I think that is an amazing loss :)I am very close to my ideal weight so I have to put up with 1-2 pound losses most of the time and that is being in the gym/ excersing for at least 1 1/2 hours a day and walking a dog 2 hours a day!

Thats my problem now only have about 6-7lbs to go so its very slow now but anything is till a loss!

I've got a viral infection and have had no appetite except I'm getting taken out for tea tonight. Hoping because of it i'll have lost loads next week. Anyone wanna kiss? hehe

Well, in the two weeks since i joined this thread i've lost...2lb! Its been horrid, i seem to be struck with diet panic.

I started on the low GI diet but cheated then started looking at alternatives WW, celebrity slim, Low carb the list of these diets is endless. In the end i've spent so much time looking into all the diets and worrying about which is best i've done none :(

Then everyday i get these emails from the forum of this thread telling me how well everyone else is doing which stresses me more!

Really need to get a grip and focus, just not sure how. Maybe next week will be better.

But congratulations to everyone who's doing well :)

Hiya, sorry you're finding it all such a slog at the minute and I completely understand how confusing it can be hearing about loads of different diets. At the end of the day, all diets work, it's just a case of finding the one that suits you best, suits your family and lifestyle and doesn't make you feel restricted and miserable while you are doing it.

I passionately believe that is what Slimming World can offer you. I've no idea where abouts you live, but I'm sure there'll be a group near you. You can go along and have a new members talk to learn all about the plan and stay to group to see what happens, for free, with no obligation to join, sort of a try before you buy kinda thing. So you've nothing to lose, but might just find what you're looking for.

Pm me if you've got any questions, I'd be happy to have a chat

Emma x

I would not worry or panic, losing weight does take time. I bet if you ask the people that have been dieting for 2-3 months or more with breaks inbetween that the weight is coming off, just slow and steady and we are not putting it back on to any extent when we stop for a couple of weeks. Just think of the tortoise and the hare, we are it it for the long haul not just a fad, concentrate on the healthy eating side rather than the diet :)

Thats my problem now only have about 6-7lbs to go so its very slow now but anything is till a loss!

:hihi: not just me then, I don't mind it to be honest as my body shape is changing rapidly. I have lost 2 pounds this week when I weighed in this morning and I managed to run 5.5K today without feeling shattered or slowing down, it has taken me 4 months to enjoy a run but today I nailed it! Greatest feeling in the world :) Going to stick with it for a couple of weeks then work on distance and speeding up at 5K.

Keep at it and excerise too, that is what makes the differance :)

Edited by Evei