Weight loss help please

I cut down on mi' Carbs a few years ago ( i dont each much Bread , Rice , Spuds , Pasta )...and i'm 4 stone lighter ...If i fancy a drink , i'll have a few pints o' Cider ..but ..if i've put 3 or 4 lbs back on and fancy a drink ...then i'll have a few shots o' Scotch ( only a Trace of Carbs ) ...i eat plenty of Meat , Fish , Eggs , Chicken , Cheese ,Mushrooms ...( i can monitor my weight quite easily now ):)

In order to change your body you will have to change your life. What you have done up to now hasn't worked so it is time to try a different route.

The only way you are going to lose 4 stone is through a hole in your body so it is going to get rough and it is something you want to plan over an acheivable time span. Set yourself a goal of 1lb per week as an average and you wont go off the rails with dissapointment after the first few weeks.

I'm doing weight watcher online and its fab!!! No embarrassing weigh in's and patronizing chats.

There is a food and weight tracker and help and advice.... its only £10.95 a month!!! Bargain!!!

Good luck hun xXx

There are some very patronising posts on sheffieldforum about losing weight - I dont think many people (apart from the very thick) struggle with the simple mathmatics of calories in/calories burned so comments along the lines of 'sorry its just very simple, eat less and exercise more, idiots' dont really help!

Some people need support and guidance as to things like how to cook healthier and how to avoid times when you might feel compelled to eat more than is healthy and how to recognise when you are really hungry. This is where weightwatchers and so on comes in.

There are some very patronising posts on sheffieldforum about losing weight - I dont think many people (apart from the very thick) struggle with the simple mathmatics of calories in/calories burned so comments along the lines of 'sorry its just very simple, eat less and exercise more, idiots' dont really help!

Some people need support and guidance as to things like how to cook healthier and how to avoid times when you might feel compelled to eat more than is healthy and how to recognise when you are really hungry. This is where weightwatchers and so on comes in.

I like this :)

this is my point, not only is SW a plan but if u don;t have willpower and need extra support and you need to keep track of what u eatin by wrting down then this is what its good for. I wish i was one of you smug lucky ones who could "just eat less exercise more" prob wouldn;t be overweight if i could!!

What worked for me was cutting out snacking and doing exercise, nothing more complex than that.

I started running for fitness about 8 months ago, couldn't do more than half a mile to start off, gradually increased the distance week by week until I'm now regularly running 4 miles in the morning 5 times a week. At the same time I stopped eating chocolate and biscuits at work. I switched to a banana and an apple each day instead.

I worked out my run uses up about 500 calories, so 5 times a week is 2500 calories, equivalent to a man's recommended daily intake. So essentially it's burning off an entire day's food every week.

I didn't watch my weight at first, but then found my trousers were getting loose after a couple of months. I'd lost a stone and gone down a trouser size. I've now lost 2 stones, and I've gone down from a size 36 trouser to a size 32.

I'm in my mid forties, so it shows that even with middle age spread you can do something with your weight just by stopping snacking and doing exercise.

I am doing slimming world and have been since august, i have lost 6 stone so far and havent found it to hard, it is a really friendly group and when you get to goal they will help you maintain

Hi

Personally I don't rate ww/sw/supplements etc. I've battled been overweight for years. I'm a classic, starts with good intentions and then fails. I've seen dieticians over the past few years and they have always given me the good plate diet. It's not really a diet, it just about portion controls and the variety of meals e.g carbs/meat/f&f and the plate shows you what the value should be on your plate. I continue to use this theory even when not dieting - It's just I love my chocolate too much.

Zest @ upperthorpe , last year did a great class explaining food groups and things based around the good plate diet. They teamed it up with a 1hr exercise class ( varied each week) - If in the area you can get your GP to prescribe it you for free or a couple of quid each week. Not sure if they still do it.

I really was against gyms/exercise until I went there. I love it now , but just don't have the time to attend.

I am doing slimming world and have been since august, i have lost 6 stone so far and havent found it to hard, it is a really friendly group and when you get to goal they will help you maintain

well done to you x

Hi there if you live in area Sheffield 4 or 5, you could go to W/W at church on the corner on Southey Green Road, I started there last april,and they are the friendlies group of people I have met,the leader is also very friendly and funny, nothing embarrassing about going there at all, it is on a thurs morning at 10am, I look forward to going,and have lost 40 pounds so far..:banana:

Hi there if you live in area Sheffield 4 or 5, you could go to W/W at church on the corner on Southey Green Road, I started there last april,and they are the friendlies group of people I have met,the leader is also very friendly and funny, nothing embarrassing about going there at all, it is on a thurs morning at 10am, I look forward to going,and have lost 40 pounds so far..:banana:

and well done to you too!

weight watchers did it 4 me i lost 3stone in 26 weeks,,, i ate and drank what i wanted including chips,pizzas currys,crisp choc and lager at the weekends,,as long as you stay within your points your not deprived of anything.

good luck :)