Weight loss help please

im pretty miffed with myself atm I broke my foot 4 months ago and still get pain I had a pretty good diet and wii fit days goin on but since ive been off the foot ive put on over 2 stone im absolutely mortified and need to start losing the weight asap but i cant even stand on the wii balance board without falling off :( eating healthily doesnt work either its always combining the 2 that work and now im stopping smoking tomorrow so the whole losing weight thing is really taking a back burner :(

I gave up smoking and started eating better about 4 months ago. I am still smoke free and have lost over a stone. I have just maintained for the last month and a half and will be trying to get rid of the last few pounds over the next two months, mainly through excerise.

I just filled my time up with excerise when I gave up smoking so I was not tempted to eat and I felt better as excerise makes you feel good :)

Good Luck :)

I really feel for you, i sprained my ankle on thurs night and have been laid up since so god knows how bad it is when its broken!

i am sure when it is better you will loose the weight in no time at all!!!

I lost 2 stone in 1 year on slimming world (I lose weight very slowly :( ) by doing the extra easy plan (a mix of red & green days) but started to struggle after that. I started to feel very restricted with only 10 syns a day & what seemed great as free food soon becomes boring when you're eating the same things week after week. On the plus side it was great for the whole family but you do have to make everything from scratch, no jars/packet mixes etc unless you want to use all your syns :confused:

So, I decided to try the new Weight Watchers WOW plan with ProPoints. This is my 1st week & up to now i'm loving it. I hated it when I did it years ago, managing on 18 points a day with no free food but now you get 29 points per day plus 49 points per week extra for more treats/food. Most fruit & veg are now free (same as SW) & I like it because my treats aren't using all of my points as SW used to do. The points on WW products have gone up slightly but some have stayed the same. It's a bit of a pain at first weighing & measuring but once you've got your head round it it's fine.

I still have 2.1/2 stone to lose as I put 1 stone back on between Aug & last week by not following SW so here's hoping!!

Give it a try & good luck :D

Victoria x

i have also stated on the weightwatcers pro points this week and i am finding it very easy the choice is very good i m also adding my excersice by wii fit i want to loose 3 stone to feel healthy again and enjoy my childen while they are young i am dedicated this time as i have done it in past and it did not work but the new way with the points is so much better and the advantage i find is that going to weigh in at the centre is better than doing it at home as i cant make excusses to myself. i am so lookig forward to seeing my weight loss this week which i am sure will give me more of a boost for carrying on hopeyou find something that suits you and good luck x

I lost 2 stone in 1 year on slimming world (I lose weight very slowly :( ) by doing the extra easy plan (a mix of red & green days) but started to struggle after that. I started to feel very restricted with only 10 syns a day & what seemed great as free food soon becomes boring when you're eating the same things week after week. On the plus side it was great for the whole family but you do have to make everything from scratch, no jars/packet mixes etc unless you want to use all your syns :confused:

So, I decided to try the new Weight Watchers WOW plan with ProPoints. This is my 1st week & up to now i'm loving it. I hated it when I did it years ago, managing on 18 points a day with no free food but now you get 29 points per day plus 49 points per week extra for more treats/food. Most fruit & veg are now free (same as SW) & I like it because my treats aren't using all of my points as SW used to do. The points on WW products have gone up slightly but some have stayed the same. It's a bit of a pain at first weighing & measuring but once you've got your head round it it's fine.

I still have 2.1/2 stone to lose as I put 1 stone back on between Aug & last week by not following SW so here's hoping!!

Give it a try & good luck :D

Victoria x

WW points has always had 'free food' and you have always been able to collect extra point to add to your daily amount? I did it five years ago, and 18 was the lowest number of points I ever had to do, and that was when I was just about at goal...

im on weight watchers have lost 4 stone on it before as well,

no foods are banned you eat in moderation,new plan is good and now allfruit is zero points!

I am on weightwatchers at the moment. I started at 16 stone 2.5 lb and have lost 25lb in 9 weeks its fantastic, so easy and i never feel hungry. I have also done slimming world some years ago too and had great success. Personally i think its all about frame of mind. If you REALLY want to do it then you will, if your heart isnt really in it then you will struggle with any kind of healthy eating/diet. Once you get in the zone you will suceed..

With WW what happens when you reach your target?

With WW what happens when you reach your target?

You are given advise on how to maintain your weightloss, and you can continue to attend meetings free of charge :)

Edited by Sooperdooper
Typo

Just cut out the obviously unhealthy stuff like takeaways, chocolate, cakes, biscuits, fizzy drinks etc and replace them with lean meats, veggies, a bit of fruit (but don't forget that natural sugars have a lot of calories!) and water. And do as much walking as you can. No need for plans imho.

Probably NOT the answer you're looking for but I truly believe all diets are EVIL - though as a former bulimic I may have some say on things.........start trying to truly listen to your body. In this so called civilised world of ours, we've lost touch - how many of us cram down food for reasons other then hunger?

The new Weight Watchers plan looks good - it seems to concentrate more on eating healthily. WHereas before you could just eat your points' worth of chocolate, now it gives less points values to fruit and veg etc.

Please avoid things like Cambridge and Lighter Life - learning to live and eat healthily, including exercise, does and will work.

Good luck!! :-)

x

Seconded My best friend did Cambridge in 2008 as a healthy but overweight she wasted around £60 a week for nearly 6 months. She gained it all back plus more.She also developed Liver problems at 22.Now she has lost two stones by not purchasing fatty foods and using A Jane Fonda workout DVD she has a 3 year old who loves to exercise with her.

The only way to keep it ff is diet and excercise.