Sheffield castle market

I have read in the local paper that the Council wants to close Castle Market and move it to the bottom of the Moor that would be daft wouldn,t it. no tram.

Did the Council give reasons as to why they want to move it?

I have read in the local paper that the Council wants to close Castle Market and move it to the bottom of the Moor that would be daft wouldn,t it. no tram.

They should move it to low edges. Then knock it down IMO.

They should burn it. When they have the ashes, they should douse them in holy water and bury them in the Marianas trench ... A true hive of scum and villainy.

Well, considering the council are in the process of building the new markets opposite Atkinsons on The Moor, (works are already happening, the old buildings have been cleared where home Bargains was and they are starting to construct the new market) and that there are plans in place to make mini interchanges around there, no, it's not that daft, really.

There are plans that, when the old Castle Market buildings are demolished, the land will be cleared, and hopefully the remains of the Sheffield Castle are going to be made accessible to the public, in a sort of open park area.

I think it will be brilliant.

I agree. It's about time they updated both ends of town making it nicer for everyone. Maybe people will actually go to the market when its rebuilt!

They should burn it. When they have the ashes, they should douse them in holy water and bury them in the Marianas trench ... A true hive of scum and villainy.
I'm glad I'm scum and a villain.

This is hardly breaking news though is it, these plans have been underway for quite some time!!!

Save castle market !!.

Agree, its unique its Sheffield through and through to move the location would be a disaster.

Agree, its unique its Sheffield through and through to move the location would be a disaster.

You've got that spot on !!

move it and lose it .