Catcliffe-whats the area like?

It might be worth noting that Catcliffe was one of the seats won by the BNP in yesterday's election.

That would certainly put me off, however nice the house is.

Catcliffe is awful, especially now its full of racists. :)

The new development was not flooded last June, infact the residents were on the T.V. celebrating the fact that they weren't flooded.

The new development, Bluemans Way is growing and a community is forming. It is well cared for with a varied style of houses. It is good value for money, the area is rapidly being developed and has excellent llinks to the motorway network.

the area is rapidly being developed and has excellent llinks to the motorway network.

But virtually no decent public transport links to Sheffield.

Catcliffe is pretty grim, although its generally quiet and easy to escape from.

Unfortunately its in the middle of nowhere.

Seconded.... bit like the line from the PSB song... "This must be the place I waited years to leave" (and I would never go back)

I've said it once and i'l say it again Catcliffe was the flooding plain for Orgreave pit!! AND they still built on it mmmmmmm makes you wonder.

I've got a relative living in Blue Man's Court, they weren't flooded at all. It's really nice in there, varied styles of housing and seems really quiet at night when we've visited. And there's a big supermarket and JTF, just down the road :D

I have sent you a private message

I have 2 rented properties in Catcliffe and my son lived there for 2 years. Neither properties were affected by the floods. We've found Catcliffe people to be very friendly and a pleasant place to live. It's handy for the road system, out of rush hour. It's a shame they didn't bring the tram there, as was mooted.