Robert William White

Hi,

I have stumbled across some information from the 1911 census which possibly relates to my great-grandfather Robert William White.

It says that he was serving with the 7th Battery Royal Field Artillery in Jhansi India. No address given because he is serving overseas.

He was born in 1886 and lived in Neepsend (Wallace Road). The rest of his family are recorded in the 1911 census, but being 25 at the time, he is obviously not living at the family home anymore.

Was wondering if anyone has access to any information or knows where I can find any additional information from?

Cheers,

Chris.

I found that the British Library have all records of service men in India,I cant think of the web address but everything is on line if you have a look at British Library and follow the links.

Chris, do you have his number ?

Dean.

Hi,

I have stumbled across some information from the 1911 census which possibly relates to my great-grandfather Robert William White.

It says that he was serving with the 7th Battery Royal Field Artillery in Jhansi India. No address given because he is serving overseas.

He was born in 1886 and lived in Neepsend (Wallace Road). The rest of his family are recorded in the 1911 census, but being 25 at the time, he is obviously not living at the family home anymore.

Was wondering if anyone has access to any information or knows where I can find any additional information from?

Cheers,

Chris.

Try these websites

http://www.fibis.org

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Edited by Rivelin6

Hi Dean,

I'm afraid I don't know his number - sorry.

Chris.

Hello, we are related. My grandad was Thomas white xx

Hi Becci,

Would that be Thomas Alfred White (b. 1894)?

Chris.

Yes that's right chick, my dad was leslie. Was looking Thomas up and came across your questions about john henry x

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 04:09 ----------

I've been trying to get in touch on sheffield history too x

Apologies if I didn't reply on Sheffield History. Did you comment on a thread there? Can't say I know much about Thomas Alfred, but have some info on my great-grandfather (Robert William), John Henry and their parents (Robert and Elizabeth). There is a family grave up at Burngreave where Robert, Elizabeth, Florence (Thomas' sister) and another brother called James Wilmot are buried together.

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 08:47 ----------

It's okay, just logged into Sheffield History and found your message!

Yeah I've found all that out already love, have you any photos? X

Only a couple of Robert William I'm afraid. Unfortunately not been able to track any photos of his family, especially John Henry.

I'd love a copy of what you have got please, ive got some of Thomas in uniform and with a massive gun like a cannon x