Richmond Road Haulage .

I never drove for Richmond Road but I remember them well.

A couple of photos.....

294qcco-1.jpg

11hxvkk.jpg

My dad has been on HGV for nearly 40 years and he started out at Richmond Road in the early 70's.

jim

On 09/01/2011 at 21:05, surfinjim said:

My dad has been on HGV for nearly 40 years and he started out at Richmond Road in the early 70's.

jim

Hi  surfinjim I also worked for Richmond Road in the late 70s I used to drive an old Guy 4.  4   wheeler what was your dads name maybe I can remember him  there was a guy their called Tweely ask your dad he must remember him  MICK

On 29/07/2020 at 14:47, rodbender said:

Hi  surfinjim I also worked for Richmond Road in the late 70s I used to drive an old Guy 4.  4   wheeler what was your dads name maybe I can remember him  there was a guy their called Tweely ask your dad he must remember him  MICK

I remember Tweely I worked for Richmond Rd 69-72 he had a big personality and lived at the side of the yard 

all ways wore a string vest  and loved to have row with Ron 

Any more info on the founder George Sherwood who had  a garage on Richmond Road in  the fifty's

15 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Any more info on the founder George Sherwood who had  a garage on Richmond Road in  the fifty's

There is this one cuttsie,

SHERWOOD, George (Motor Agent, age 63).
     Died at 535 Richmond Road; Buried on February 25, 1952 in Consecrated ground;
     Grave Number 16143, Section EE1 of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.
     Parent or Next of Kin if Available: ~. Remarks: ~.
     Plot Owner: ~ ~ of ~. Page No ~

Cheers Retep ,i found that grave around 15 years ago , it was  not visible to the eye so I dug down around a foot or so and found the stone , (good job I don't keep digging ) there is just the grave no and the initial  GS  on the slab so no words of love for Judd it seems. ; My maternal mother told me where it was as she had been there when he was buried ,,  The Sherwoods have never answered any correspondence  from me so perhaps they just don't want to know  , all I ever asked for was a photo , l have one but George was cut off and just his left leg showing , Nice shoe though , cheers Cuttsie .