Dell Inspiron 6100 not connecting to Router

Heya,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6100 which has been working great and I've never had any problems before. However all of a sudden it's decided it doesn't want to connect to the router...

Everyone else in my house has no problem connecting to the router and receiving internet.

The laptop works if I plug an ethernet cable into it so it's something to do with this specific laptop not finding the router.

When I go to connect to networks the laptop has no problem finding the neighbours routers...

Any suggestions? I'm completely stumped. I've turned the firewall off to see if for any reason this was the issue but it's not.

My laptops fallen out with the router :(

Any help will be great!!

thanks!

Some laptops have a button or switch, either on the sides or somewhere across the top of the keyboard, which turn the wireless functionality on/off.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's running on Vista 32

I'm quite good with computers and tried everything to do with the wireless including updating drivers etc. (Whether I did it correctly, well....)

The weird thing is the WLAN card works fine as it's picking up everyone else's routers on the street. It's strange, the laptop and router just don't find each other??

Try changing the channel in the router settings, or rename the router and then change it back again.

ahhhh it was the frequency the router was set at. Apparantly one of my housemates changed it over the Christmas period. Everyone else's laptops picked it up but the Dell is quite old and obviously struggled.

Everything works fine now! Thanks for the help!