Parkway Tavern, Park Hill Flats

Ive been told that there's an article in The Star tonight about this boozer. I thought it had shut ages ago...

Where abouts is it in Park Hill?

someone must know if this is open or not.

There is an article in the Star today that suggests it is but we just need clarification.

New to board but thought Id chip in, Parkway is still open, if you drive up Duke Street up past Park Hill you take your second right, (not the entrance near the bus gate). You drive past the doctors car park and follow the norrow road around under the first floor footway, you then have to turn left into another car park and the Parkway is at the end.

Parkway was also on "worst pubs" or was it "roughest pub" in Britain programme

I saw that on Sky1, roughest pubs in britain! Doesn't the barmaid get her jugs out for special occasions like birthdays and christenings??

I hate drinking out of jugs though, John! You can't beat a nice pint glass! :D

Can't fault you on that one JA5E. If I'd have said baps, you'd have said breadcakes I guess???

Where is this place in Park Hill. Is at the 'posh end' near the WMC/ Medical Centre. Also is it still open???

Originally posted by theimposter

Where is this place in Park Hill. Is at the 'posh end' near the WMC/ Medical Centre. Also is it still open???

Read the replys to the thread mate ,Matt3126 has replyed sayin where it is

Originally posted by Johnh

I saw that on Sky1, roughest pubs in britain! Doesn't the barmaid get her jugs out for special occasions like birthdays and christenings??

It was right funny in a sad way. A 70 year old bloke with half his ear missing and track suits galore. The barmaid was a right peach :gag:

I don't remember it being so rough in the 60s. My grandmother used to drink there.

Originally posted by peterdo

I don't remember it being so rough in the 60s. My grandmother used to drink there.

parkhill was new in the 60s so of course the problems of inbreeding and tracksuits werent common place :gag:

Yes Djscottk, you are right it was. I lived on City Rd and had some mates who lived in the flats. The Tavern would be our first port of call on our way out. Just to wet the whistle, so to speak. :D