Searching For Long Lost Family Member, Shirley Limage

I'm trying to find a long lost cousin , Shirley Limage , born in Sheffield approximately 1954 . Her fathers name was Gordon Limage , mothers name Brenda ( maiden name unknown ) . Shirley's parents split when she was very young , her father came to Canada . If Shirley's mother remarried she may have changed her surname also . Also , if Shirley married there would be another name change .That is all the info I have currently , any help on this would be appreciated

Hi clocker - I can give some information from public records.

Shirley A. Limage was born in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1954. Her mother's maiden name was Curtis (the marriage of Gordon W. Limage and Brenda Curtis was registered in Jan-Mar 1954).

A Brenda Limage married an Antoni Gruchot in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1962, and a Shirley A. Gruchot married a Christopher W. Lack in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1978. They evidently have children Joseph, born Jul-Sep 1978 and Benjamin, born Apr-Jun 1982.

The 2004 electoral roll shows a Christopher W. and Shirley A. Lack, also the two children, at an address in S10.. But... .Doing a search on www.192.com, it seems that they moved in about 2006. Unfortunately I don't have a subscription to 192.com but it might be worthwhile buying a few credits. Ayway I have PM'd the 2004 address to you!

Good luck!

Snap Hillsbro just sent the same information via pm. Just to add Shirley Gruchot is on friends reunited so give that a try.

Hi smary - I like it when people have unusual names; it makes them much easier to trace! The www.friendsreunited.co.uk link may well be useful (that's how I met the lady who is now Mrs hillsbro, after 37 years apart...:))

Yes I agree unusual names are a big help. I love researching and I am always happy to take a look around for anyone needing help.

Thanks hillsbro and smary , I did not expect to have such a fast response to my search . The information you have provided is of a tremendous help and my gratitude goes out to both of you .

Roy

A special thanks to hillsbro and smary , Shirley has been located and all that remains is to re-connect :thumbsup::thumbsup: