Delays roadworks a61 grenoside

just had a dig about and found this on SCC website roadworks section

Penistone Road

Temporary traffic signals opposite number 12 for water main works

Promoter: Balfour Beatty

5th to 18th January 2011

so its there until 18th jan - joy of joys :rolleyes its a 8 mile detour via wortley or the 'long way' round via chap and ecclesfield and up wheel lane/salt box for me then! i nearly lost the will to live in the traffic - backed up to tankersley at one point....:o

the works in ecclesfield have an article online in the sheff star and it details which way the diversions will be - i hope the traffic police will do something about all the parking/40million buses that clog up ecclesfield village normally , as the diversion is right down high street and church st - lorries are not gonna make it and given it snarls up with a mini vs bus most days, its gonna be fun!

take care xgx

Could you please give me the link for the works at ecclesfield. Searched the star website but cant find anything.

Shouldn't be a problem now as they had a telling of, as they should have only been using traffic lights out of peak hours but they decided to breach these hours and cause the chaos, been fine for the last few days now.

Shouldn't be a problem now as they had a telling of, as they should have only been using traffic lights out of peak hours but they decided to breach these hours and cause the chaos, been fine for the last few days now.

I thought it was going to get worse from Monday onwards??

hey everyone

roadworks all gone at this location as of 5.45pm 13jan11.

will keep an eye out for any return of the cones/lights.

xgx