Walkley cottage

What's this place like these days?

Seems to still be open anyway, which is an achievement in Walkley these days.

What's this place like these days?

Seems to still be open anyway, which is an achievement in Walkley these days.

I tend to go in to the Blake, Closed Shop, Hallamshire end these days but me and the misses were in the Cottage last Friday and it was pretty busy.

The food looks to be as good value so I think a trip for Sunday dinner is on the cards soon. Looks like you might need to book in advance for a Sunday table

Staff as friendly as ever and decent Abbeydale pint.

The Walkley Cottage has been on the up since Alan Ward took over, he probably keeps the best beer I have tasted, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming with a mixture of all ages. The food is excellent and of 5 star quality.

The Sunday dinner is tasty and good value. It is a good idea to book, as it does get busy but there are plenty of tables.

The staff are to say the least efficient and friendly.

The Walkley Cottage has been on the up since Alan Ward took over, he probably keeps the best beer I have tasted, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming with a mixture of all ages. The food is excellent and of 5 star quality.

The Sunday dinner is tasty and good value. It is a good idea to book, as it does get busy but there are plenty of tables.

The staff are to say the least efficient and friendly.

Agree with this. The food is nothing fancy, but decent quality, reasonably priced (the pies in particular are recommended if you have a large appetite!). There's a couple of decent beers on and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. Think they have a quiz night with free sandwiches, but can't remember which night. Would definitely book on a Sunday lunchtime.

We used to frequent the Walkley Cottage when Sandra was there, but then for some reason it fell off. Went with my friend for lunch last week & it was beautiful. Homemade. Fresh. Hot. Need to try Sunday Lunch next.Staff very friendly too.

I went past only last night and it was open are u sure its closed??