Walkley cottage

kareoke tonight

Excellent. Just add some loud games machines, TV's strewn everywhere and a gang of underage chav kids and I'm sure it will do well.

I thought karaoke had gone the same way as bear baiting, mole sniffing and cowpat wearing. Sadly it seems not. :D

has reopened and serving home cooked food resonable priced burgers and chips 2.95 ,2 eat for 7.99 selected menu . main meals from 4.95 i had home made mince beef and onion pie ,chips and mushy peas only 4.00 well worth a visit

How long have you worked there?

has reopened and serving home cooked food resonable priced burgers and chips 2.95 ,2 eat for 7.99 selected menu . main meals from 4.95 i had home made mince beef and onion pie ,chips and mushy peas only 4.00 well worth a visit

you are making me hungry-its the peas that do it!

Thought I would update this thread a little.

Just been for our second meal at the cottage since the new team took over recently and must say the food is spot on.

It's all cooked in house and good value too, the home made chips are some of the best I've ever had.

Highly recommended.

PS Can also say the real ale is spot on, when we went in today they had Doom Bar, Bombardier, Easy Rider and John Smiths Cask.

Well done to the new team there, we really enjoyed our evening out.

Just been for our second meal at the cottage since the new team took over recently and must say the food is spot on.

It's all cooked in house and good value too, the home made chips are some of the best I've ever had.

Highly recommended.

PS Can also say the real ale is spot on, when we went in today they had Doom Bar, Bombardier, Easy Rider and John Smiths Cask.

Yep the new tenants are Alan and Mary who ran the Freedom on South Road for years, a fabulous couple and they've really lifted the place. :D

Highly recommended.

They have Doom Bar? I'm in! I had some on the Isle of Wight back in June and I've never seen it anywhere else since.

They have Doom Bar? I'm in! I had some on the Isle of Wight back in June and I've never seen it anywhere else since.

All Bar One sell it. It's quite common in London but I've never seen it anywhere else in Sheffield. A smashing pint though :thumbsup:

Highly recommended.

That's the news I like. I may wander over this weekend.

Just wanted to give this pub a mention for all the right reasons. We went in for Sunday lunch yesterday for the first time since it changed hands and were really impressed by how well the staff looked after us, and in particular our son. We were made to feel very welcome, and the food was great value.

If only every establishment had customer service like this! We will definitely be going back again.