Why do I feel anxious, sick and worried all the time when my life is great?

Just from a different angle, your original post was great sounds like you have an amazing life, however, it does sound pretty full on to me. No where in the text did I read what you did to relax, where was the "me time" in all that?

If the CBT doesn't help, or even alongside it why not try something like Yoga?

This along with the deep breathing and meditation exercises could be all that you need.

Just a bit of time out each day for yourself where you can relax and put everything into perspective helps a lot.

I think you need to really think about whether you are genuinely happy in the truest spiritual sense or not. At 26, you are still very young, to really find true happiness which nurtures your own heart. I would listen to that gut instinct though. About the end of life, and so forth and this "fear" that hangs over you.

Many people either believe in psychology, or they believe in religion (and therefore spirituality). I think your gut instinct is pretty true, in the sense that, it is trying to tell you to reflect on your own life, and make changes which makes you happier.

There are indeed a lot of different kind of methods for you to find some kind of ways to get out of this slowly. You are young and you still have time to find a way of life and a path to follow which suits well for yourself.

Have you ever read the Alchemist ? It is a good book! Also, I know that the UK is moving towards the US model, whereby people uses psychology, than to be a part of a social group for well-beings or to follow a religion. Humans are really not made to be alone on their own, or to work such a hard life with no contact for their own loved ones. They are also not made to be so against their own true nature and Self.

In Freudian terms, it sounded like you have been living as your own Shadow, and not as your true Self. i.e. living your life due to fear propelling you to, than to live your life due to wanting to explore and doing something that energises you.

It makes absolutely no difference what kind of "great" life you are living, if that life is not what your gut instinct truly tells you that you want. It is only great in some people's eyes, or the perception of others, but not what you can find association with and recognises for yourself.

When you left the country, you were breaking free and trying new and different things. Your heart will be happy. But, as you are older now, you need to find that true vocation or calling that really energises you. If you have made any decision at any point from then til now, about something which does not sit well with your heart, then bingo! You got your stressor point, or path detor path, whatever you like to call it. Living a lifestyle which allows you to be say 70%+ of your true self will make you happier.

Hi, I used to worry all the time about everything, there was no logical explanation for it and I would worry about things that I never used to worry about. I went and had hypnotherapy with a lovely lady called Bev and it was brilliant. I only went once and I'm loads better so maybe try that

I think anxiety can be caused by stress. Stress from a busy lifestyle, a busy job, but also 'self-made' stress (trying to be perfect all the time or not wanting to fail).

Hi, I'm sending you a p.m. Thanks Nyle

Thank you for all of your replies on this, I'm sorry I haven't kept up to date on this thread, I think I've been accidently on purpose not wanting to face it again for the time being.....:(

I've read through them and there have been a few very, helpful different perspectives that have made me stop and think. I appreciate every reply, but the following ones stuck out for me...

Just from a different angle, your original post was great sounds like you have an amazing life, however, it does sound pretty full on to me. No where in the text did I read what you did to relax, where was the "me time" in all that?

If the CBT doesn't help, or even alongside it why not try something like Yoga?

This along with the deep breathing and meditation exercises could be all that you need.

Just a bit of time out each day for yourself where you can relax and put everything into perspective helps a lot.

I think this is the very crux of the problem, some time has passed since my original post and I am still suffering from the same symptoms, but I've been able to pinpoint the source, being that my life is in such a stressful routine that I can't seem to break out of, and that routine includes zero/next to none "me time". I need to relax and disconnect but I don't seem to have the time. My routine everyday is:

Get up at 7am; walk dogs; feed dogs; catch 2 trains to work; work 9 until 6; get 2 trains back arrive at 7; buy food/shopping for dinner; get home at 7.30; let dogs out to pee; feed dogs; do house tasks (usually cleaning up after dogs and giving them what they need), make dinner, wash up, walk dogs, have shower, maybe call my family, go to bed between 10 and 11pm. Everyday Monday to Friday. I have no freedom because of the dogs and have to rush back home every day. I feel guilty going out and leaving them as they are already alone for 12 hours a day.

On saturdays I clean the house from top to bottom and do my washing as during the week I dont get much time, and with 2 dogs its necessary. I'll usually pop out to get stuff that I need in terms of shopping, and then maybe on a Saturday evening I'll get a couple of hours to myself before my OH comes over for the night. I live alone so I have no family to help me or anybody to come home to, and the truth be known I'm lonely and exhausted. I constantly turn inviations from friends as I simply dont have the time, and even if I do, I need to look after my dogs, they get little enough time as it is. Maybe sundays I'll get a little time to myself, but living like that the whole week for the sake of a few hours on Sunday is not living to me...

So there it is, my life as it currently stands...I've been to the docs and my blood test has come back clear. On 17th October I have an appointment with the psychiatrist and I reckon he will just give me tablets, I think I've accepted the fact that I'm sufferening from depression and need some help..

I think you need to really think about whether you are genuinely happy in the truest spiritual sense or not. At 26, you are still very young, to really find true happiness which nurtures your own heart. I would listen to that gut instinct though. About the end of life, and so forth and this "fear" that hangs over you.

Many people either believe in psychology, or they believe in religion (and therefore spirituality). I think your gut instinct is pretty true, in the sense that, it is trying to tell you to reflect on your own life, and make changes which makes you happier.

There are indeed a lot of different kind of methods for you to find some kind of ways to get out of this slowly. You are young and you still have time to find a way of life and a path to follow which suits well for yourself.

Have you ever read the Alchemist ? It is a good book! Also, I know that the UK is moving towards the US model, whereby people uses psychology, than to be a part of a social group for well-beings or to follow a religion. Humans are really not made to be alone on their own, or to work such a hard life with no contact for their own loved ones. They are also not made to be so against their own true nature and Self.

In Freudian terms, it sounded like you have been living as your own Shadow, and not as your true Self. i.e. living your life due to fear propelling you to, than to live your life due to wanting to explore and doing something that energises you.

It makes absolutely no difference what kind of "great" life you are living, if that life is not what your gut instinct truly tells you that you want. It is only great in some people's eyes, or the perception of others, but not what you can find association with and recognises for yourself.

When you left the country, you were breaking free and trying new and different things. Your heart will be happy. But, as you are older now, you need to find that true vocation or calling that really energises you. If you have made any decision at any point from then til now, about something which does not sit well with your heart, then bingo! You got your stressor point, or path detor path, whatever you like to call it. Living a lifestyle which allows you to be say 70%+ of your true self will make you happier.

I completely agree with this, but I really don't know what steps to take to change my life/situation. Every way I turn to change my life is a major decision that I'm too scared to make and I'm still not sure of what it is I need to do. Do I come home to Sheffield and be with my family? Will I be happy back in the UK? What if I can't get a job? I definately won't earn as much as I do here for a fact, is money enough to keep me here then? Where will I live? If I stay here do I stay, take the tablets and hope for the best? Do I stay and send my dogs to my family in the UK who adore them? Will I be happy without them as they are my babies and the only thing waiting for me when I get home at night and I am all they have ever known? Each one is a major decision that will change my life dramatically one way or another...

I need time and space to think which I can't seem to create for myself...

Thank you for all of your replies on this, I'm sorry I haven't kept up to date on this thread, I think I've been accidently on purpose not wanting to face it again for the time being.....:(

I need time and space to think which I can't seem to create for myself...

I have a similar pattern. I am up at 5:45am to walk the dog, get to work at 7am. 3 times a week I work an 11 hour day then go to the gym so get in about 7pm at night, my boyf walks the dogs on these days in the late afternoon. I then work two 8 hour days and go home to walk the dog. I play netball 2/3 times a week and spend two hours at the weekend doing doggy agility. It is hard work and I have no idea how people with children cope! I also have a great boyf and we do 'shifts' to stay in the house in the evening mid-week. I can imagine it is hard if you are on your own.

For me my 'me time' is when I am walking the dog and playing sport, I can walk for a couple of hours and think of nothing. I love looking around and seeing the seasons change and the different plants and animals around. I've only recently started to notice how beautiful everything is, maybe it is an age thing :suspect: you do have to make a concious effort to look and notice how pretty things really are and the dog walks no longer feel like a task but a treat :) I love sport/gym and it makes me feel so much better afterwards. Do you like cycling or jogging? Might make you feel better and the dogs can come along too! What about some sort of doggy sport? I look forward to my Saturday dog agility sessions and have met some lovely people.

I do think you have made a good choice to speak to someone about how you feel. Sometimes we take on too much, sometimes it takes a while to adjust to change and sometimes we have to be brave and make some adjustments or changes to make it feel 'right' . I've been much happier since I decided not to take work so seriously and decided that my outside life is more important! In the end I will be working for another 30+ years, there is plenty of time to stress myself out over it! :hihi: