Which is the bigger nuisance- cats or foxes?

As this thread will degenerate into an all out war very soon i'll give my reply now.

Cats no longer enter my garden.

I installed 6ft high fences, didn't stop them, spoke to the neigbours that own them and told them if i saw their cat in my garden again it was target practise for my bow.

Between that and my jrt, problem solved.

Bit harsh i know, but why should i have to clean up after someone elses pet.

Foxes i don't mind.

Just out of interest- what did they do to stop their cat going in your garden?

I'm sick to the back teeth of finding cat crap in my borders. I'd happily feed it to the foxes

I doubt they'd eat that.

There can be no doubt about it. The animals which are the biggest nuisance are humans.

Neither cat or fox for me. It's squirrels! They dig up my garden, eat my bird seed and give me the finger when I bang on the window.

As this thread will degenerate into an all out war very soon i'll give my reply now.

Cats no longer enter my garden.

I installed 6ft high fences, didn't stop them, spoke to the neigbours that own them and told them if i saw their cat in my garden again it was target practise for my bow.

Between that and my jrt, problem solved.

Bit harsh i know, but why should i have to clean up after someone elses pet.

Foxes i don't mind.

I imagine people I know would fall into two camps here, one would be report you to the police and the other camp would make sure your bow hand was not usable.

Personally cat poop in my garden is such a pain, especially with little people around.

Cat haters can buy cat scarers and even plants that are repellant to cats (I think there's one plant nicknamed scaredy cat). The electronic ones work really well. There's also a similar one for moles which I've got in my garden.

Cat haters can buy cat scarers and even plants that are repellant to cats (I think there's one plant nicknamed scaredy cat). The electronic ones work really well. There's also a similar one for moles which I've got in my garden.
Why should anyone spend money due to someone else's pet crapping in their garden?

Why should anyone spend money due to someone else's pet crapping in their garden?

we pay car insurance which covers us from other peoples mistakes. We pay taxes for police for when other people cause us problems. We errect fences to fence of our property. I know what you are saying though and it does bother me that I am cleaning up crud from someone elses animal. Maybe I will get my kids to go and poo in their garden tonight!!!!!

It's only a bit of crap in a garden :rolleyes: The cat hasn't broken into your house and taken a dump on your best china :roll:

It's only a bit of crap in a garden :rolleyes: The cat hasn't broken into your house and taken a dump on your best china :roll:

I think there is some over reacting here BUT when you have kids and it is your property it isn't nice for them to be walking through fecal matter

I'm not going to follow my cats wherever they may go to ensure they don't crap on somebody elses garden. If however my neighbours would like me to clean up after them, then it would't be a problem for me to regurlarly go round & remove it. But I don't follow my cat's so I do not know where they are going to drop. So long as they are not doing it on my own garden :)

I would say cats in both rural and urban environments as foxes only cause problems to a very small number of people.