Hurst Family members

I am looking for Hurst Family members, I started building a family tree some years ago, having being brought up in child care and knowing very little of my family when I started. Over the years, I have found much info and found that the family have roots going back to the 1760's and st that time was based in Great Longstone, In Derbyshire. Some of the family members came and worked in Sheffield and conections with the to my steel industry. Some moved to Canton in Cardiff, Wales and ran a file and steel works there. I even found a sister that I knew nothing of previously in March last year. There must be many people with the surname Hurst, and some may be missing links to my family tree. So I'd like to hear from you to see if I can find a connection.

I knew a family of Hursts that lived in Swallownest.

Hi Jane, thanks for your message. Would the family of Hurst's you knew at Swallownest be off West Park Drive by any chance?

Mother Winnie Hurst

Eldest Son Peter

Son Michael (mostly known as Mick)

Daughter Sharon

If so, then I am actually connected to that family being Mick Hurst

Hi Jane, thanks for your message. Would the family of Hurst's you knew at Swallownest be off West Park Drive by any chance?

Mother Winnie Hurst

Eldest Son Peter

Son Michael (mostly known as Mick)

Daughter Sharon

If so, then I am actually connected to that family being Mick Hurst

i know a les,joyce,ian and nigel who live on wadsley bridge,and a family called Field who have relatives called Hurst,with family at Kimberworth.

hi my grandad is called walter hurst and is from a large family i think he has 8 other brothers some of them will have passed away now they lived on attercliffe and all worked in the steel works my grandad worked in the rolling mills then later went into tool forging at record tools up untill retirement

Hi Jordan Y, I'd like to gain a little more info on Your Grandad and his family if possibel? Especially with them being in Sheffield and the steel works etc.

Their may be a possible family connection, so it would be worth checking out, and I thank you for your message.

My e-mail address is [email protected] and would welcome a message from you.

Thanks again

Mick Hurst