Salsa in Sheffield

Have you been recently Jamie? I've been last 3 weeks and not seen you.

Originally posted by Yodameister

Have you been recently Jamie? I've been last 3 weeks and not seen you.

I missed last Tuesday because I was away in Switzerland. Only missed the one week though Yoda.

Me and another forumer were at 'VIVA SALSA' @ cubanas last (sunday) night ... where were you dude !!?

Great night ...

Originally posted by Jamie

I missed last Tuesday because I was away in Switzerland. Only missed the one week though Yoda.

Me and another forumer were at 'VIVA SALSA' @ cubanas last (sunday) night ... where were you dude !!?

Great night ...

Might come along some time, but after my long illness lay off I seem to have grown another left foot again!

I need to get a few more lessons under my belt first.

anyone know of any good salsa classes in chesterfield or sheffield?

any info greatfully received!

Try a thread search or PM`ing a user called Jamie.

He and a few other forum members go every week as far as I know :thumbsup:

Certainly do...

There is a small company called A Taste of Salsa run by a very friendly group of instructors, who organise various classes from total beginners right through to advanced. My friend and I have been attending their class on Monday night in the town centre for about a year now and we always have a brilliant time. It's a really mixed bunch too, age range 16-80 ish (we're both 22) and you don't need a partner cause everyone swaps round.

To find out more go to http://www.atasteofsalsa.co.uk where you can email the organisers Nisha and Michelle or get their phone numbers.

Also if you click on the link below it should take you to a feature on A Taste of Salsa published in The Star last November. If the link doesn't work go to The Star's website at http://www.sheffieldtoday.net and type 'salsa' into their news search engine. The article was called All the Right Moves....

http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/viewarticle2.aspx?ArticleID=887223&SectionID=58&Search=salsa&Searchtype=any&SearchSection=58&DateFrom=011995&DateTo=022005&Page=1&ReturnPage=Results.aspx

Originally posted by moongarden

anyone know of any good salsa classes in chesterfield or sheffield?

any info greatfully received!

Hi Moongarden.

There's quite a few places you can go in Sheffield ...

As JBee says ... http://www.atasteofsalsa.co.uk ... is a good place to look and has a section with info on local classes. There are also lessons / social dancing at the forum every Tuesday night (beginners lesson at 7.30). Maybe a good idea to try a few out a few places and see what works for you ... or even go to more than one class a week !!

Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana:

[edit]

Oh, in Chesterfield, there's a class on Monday nights run by Lee Hunter, website here ...

Moongarden - I've been wanting to start going to a salsa class, and I was thinking of going to the Tuesday one at the Forum on Division Street. If you'd like, we could maybe join forces and go along together the first time - I don't know about you but I find it a bit daunting going along on my own and being the only beginner when other people know what they're doing!! Or maybe it's just me...

Anyway, if you want to then let me know, if not then that's cool, have fun with whatever class you decide to go to!

Originally posted by starr

Moongarden - I've been wanting to start going to a salsa class, and I was thinking of going to the Tuesday one at the Forum on Division Street. If you'd like, we could maybe join forces and go along together the first time - I don't know about you but I find it a bit daunting going along on my own and being the only beginner when other people know what they're doing!! Or maybe it's just me...

Anyway, if you want to then let me know, if not then that's cool, have fun with whatever class you decide to go to!

Hi Starr (and Moongarden),

There's already a salsa meet being organised, basically, a lot of salsa novices (from here) going to the forum on a Tuseday.

Feel free to join in (if you like) ...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28365

I'd love to go, but I really do have two left feet! In addition, people always notice people of my size dancing badly! :P