Salsa in Sheffield

Hi I would love to start salsa but am a complete beginner and it would have to be either a Thursday, Friday or Saturday...any ideas? I looked on that Salsa website but can't find anything on those days for beginners

Originally posted by carmina

Hi I would love to start salsa but am a complete beginner and it would have to be either a Thursday, Friday or Saturday...any ideas? I looked on that Salsa website but can't find anything on those days for beginners

Hi Carmina,

There's not much happening on Fridays on the Sheffield salsa scene ... but ...

There is a class on Thursday's at the polish club on Ecclesall road (just across from nonna's). Beginners class @ 7.30.

There are classs on Saturday afternoons at cubana on trippet lane. Beginners 1.30pm. Improvers 2.45pm. Advanced 4.00pm.

Both are pretty good, and if you can, I'd suggest you try them both. Good luck!

That's great thanks! How much does it cost?

There's also the University of Sheffield Salsa Society lessons that are on a Saturday from 3pm till 5pm on the Foundry level in the student union..

Cost's only £2 to join and you get free session with it...

Originally posted by Martin_s

There's also the University of Sheffield Salsa Society lessons that are on a Saturday from 3pm till 5pm on the Foundry level in the student union..

Cost's only £2 to join and you get free session with it...

Yikes !!!!

How could I forget that one ... I've been going to this myself !!

Originally posted by Guest

hello , have you tried the boardwalk on a tuesday evening , salsa lessons begin at about 9pm ish i think ! i've not been for a while but it was very good the last time i went along .

i want to take my girl friend to salsa club/class beginers wen she comes up friday 11nov is there any where u sugest please?

Originally posted by Jamie

Hi Carmina,

There's not much happening on Fridays on the Sheffield salsa scene ... but ...

There is a class on Thursday's at the polish club on Ecclesall road (just across from nonna's). Beginners class @ 7.30.

There are classs on Saturday afternoons at cubana on trippet lane. Beginners 1.30pm. Improvers 2.45pm. Advanced 4.00pm.

Both are pretty good, and if you can, I'd suggest you try them both. Good luck!

hi do u know of any salsa club class in sheffield city area where i can take my girl friend on fri night 11nov or sun affternoon ish thanks

hi - my mates arent interested in salsa dancing at all - but i did it a few moons ago and really enjoyed it - can one turn up on his lonesome to do it - and partner up with soneone of the opposite sex?! not into the whole dancing with another man thing!

Yep single men are always welcome since there's nearly always more women then men.

Our beginners classes run on a 12 week cycle. This allows us to make sure that everyone in the class progresses as quickly as possible since we're not having to go over old stuff week in week out as new people come along.

We believe this method to be far superior to the normal drop in classes that near all other classes use.

Once a beginners class is 4 or more weeks in it wouldn't be really possible for some one to catch up.

Due to this week only take on new beginners every 12 or so weeks.

Our current beginners class is already 5 weeks in.

Our next class is scheduled to start beginning of Sept.

If you email me your contact details we'll ring a couple of weeks before the class is due to start.

You could also keep an eye on our website because we'll post details in the News section nearer to Sept.

E: info@mambocollective.co.uk

W: http://www.mambocollective.co.uk

Hi Fent, Do you classes anywhere other than St Mary's? We don't drinve and its a fair way to come.

No, where abouts are you? Perhaps I can put you on to another class.

We are in Walkley. It seems most classes are either uni term time, out in the sticks somewhere, or on the other side of the City.

Its really frustrating!

We're only a bus ride away :) Dead easy access from the bus routes into town.