1st walk of 2011 for the Northern Striders.

Great.

If anyone is interested in joining an informal, relaxed and FREE walking group... please let me know.

The group is pretty new (only 12 months old) and we pride ourselves on our relaxed group atmosphere. There are no joining fees, no pressure to attend walks on a regular basis or to attend socials. We are passionate about walking and walking is what we do. So, whatever your ability, please come along and join us!

AO.

I am interested. The only problem is that I have 2 young labradors and I dont like to leave them at home too long unattended, so can you tell me whether dogs are allowed and if not how long the walks last and whether they are generally on a weekend?

I am interested. The only problem is that I have 2 young labradors and I dont like to leave them at home too long unattended, so can you tell me whether dogs are allowed and if not how long the walks last and whether they are generally on a weekend?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. Yes, dogs are very much allowed on our walks and will be welcomed, especially by me (love dogs). I won't patronise you and go on about being responsible for your dogs etc :)

As for the walks themself, we are undergoing a period of transition at the moment due to my weekends being taken up by the TA. However, we hope to get a few walks per month under our belt. Our walks are mainly on a Sunday and can range from a moderate 4 miler to 8 miles plus. On average, we tend to do 8 milers. It's pretty easy going, walking at a steady pace.

We advertise via our group on facebook, and will be promoting walks via the forum again soon. If you are not on facebook then I will be happy to fill you in about our next walk.

AO.

Hi espadrille,welcome to the group,looking forward to meeting you (and the dogs) very soon.

Im sure when you join us for your 1st walk you will all be made most welcome.

I should be posting a few walks in the next day or so. Please keep your eyes peeled.

Im sure when you join us for your 1st walk you will all be made most welcome.

Seconded. Everyone is welcome... so if you want to join us, either visit our facebook page (search: northern striders) or keep tabs on us here.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. Yes, dogs are very much allowed on our walks and will be welcomed, especially by me (love dogs). I won't patronise you and go on about being responsible for your dogs etc :)

As for the walks themself, we are undergoing a period of transition at the moment due to my weekends being taken up by the TA. However, we hope to get a few walks per month under our belt. Our walks are mainly on a Sunday and can range from a moderate 4 miler to 8 miles plus. On average, we tend to do 8 milers. It's pretty easy going, walking at a steady pace.

We advertise via our group on facebook, and will be promoting walks via the forum again soon. If you are not on facebook then I will be happy to fill you in about our next walk.

AO.

Thanks for that. I am not on Facebook as I can never work out to register as it doesnt seem to like my email address:huh:

The only thing is I just need a bit of notice.

I am in a panto and the rehearsals are in January on Sundays until the end of February when they panto goes live! so Saturdays will be an option and then Sundays are good after the panto!

Thanks

Thanks for that. I am not on Facebook as I can never work out to register as it doesnt seem to like my email address:huh:

The only thing is I just need a bit of notice.

I am in a panto and the rehearsals are in January on Sundays until the end of February when they panto goes live! so Saturdays will be an option and then Sundays are good after the panto!

Thanks

That's fine. I will be posting notification of the walks on here, in advance. It will be good to have you onboard :)

The next walk should be February and I intend to get that organised this weekend. I hope you will be able to make that one.

I should be posting a few walks in the next day or so. Please keep your eyes peeled.

Good good :)

Seconded. Everyone is welcome... so if you want to join us, either visit our facebook page (search: northern striders) or keep tabs on us here.

I thought it was Sheffield Walkers :suspect:

Northern Striders on here, as we are not allowed to use 'Sheffield Walkers' :D

Sheffield Walkers is the name of the interest group on this forum and is for any walking related discussion and information. There is an explanatory introduction at the top of the page.

Northern Striders on here, as we are not allowed to use 'Sheffield Walkers' :D

You were talking about Facebook!!!

Sheffield Walkers is the name of the interest group on this forum and is for any walking related discussion and information. There is an explanatory introduction at the top of the page.

Yes I know ;)