R(s)policy withdrawn for new applicants

The UK Border Agency has today announced that the R(S) policy (which is the one following the mostly Iraq litigation, which provided for grants of ILR in cases where a former ELR policy had not been applied) is now withdrawn:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/dec/57-rs-policy

This is appears to be in response to the judgment of Beatson J in K v SSHD [2010] EWHC 3102 (Admin) at the end of last month holding that the fact that the claimant had left the UK did not mean the policy did not apply to his case.* Indeed, the policy expressly envisaged that such cases remained within the policy and might justify a grant of ILR.*

The judgment in K is available at:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2010/3102.html

If representations have already been made relying on the policy, it should still be applied.

You seem very informed on Immigration matters. Who are you, who do you work for and are you benefitting from lots of Legal Aid payments?

your profile states 'solicitor'

are you drumming up trade?

No. Have enough clients to last me a life time. Just keeping society informed, not against the rules is it?

As long as you remember you are on the Sheffield Forum and not a mouthpiece for the whole UK and immigration policies.

It does affect people in Sheffield. I suppose others will be posting similar updates on their sites in their cities/towns etc.

Forums like this should be used as platforms to voice opinions and share information, hopefully those reading the posts will tell others, email or tweet etc. Technologhy should allow us to spread the word quickly. If I am misusing this site please could somebody let me know if I am breaking any rules. Otherwise I hope to keep posting any interesting updates in law/ rules which could benefit a lot of people.

Guest sibon
As long as you remember you are on the Sheffield Forum and not a mouthpiece for the whole UK and immigration policies.

The post is in General Discussions. It doesn't contravene any forum rules. I don't see a problem.

Do you have anything constructive to add to the thread?

No, Sibon, I wasn't trying to be provocotive in any way.