Eastenders - Ronnie's baby swapping storyline

its sad how can they do a storyline like that its aweful lol and as for the babies there using the same one twice lol

its sad how can they do a storyline like that its aweful lol and as for the babies there using the same one twice lol

Yeah I said that it was the same baby too! I read on digital spy that everything goes ahead even the funeral so Ronnie gets away with it. To be honest though if I was in Ronnies shoes I'd find i hard to bond with The Slaters baby I would think. They both had the same suit on but surely their vest, nappies, hair? would be different. But as someone has already said Kat never bonded with the baby, the rest of the clan apart from Alfie had been drinking so maybe they would believe it was there baby. I think it's been rushed really the whole storyline and should have been planned out better

I think it is pretty sad but Ronnie is a bit of a fruit loop.

It will certainly be another big story line for maybe next Christmas when it all comes out.

i think EE has gone abit too far, making people aware of cot death is a good thing but then ronnie swapping her baby is too far, the midwife starts to get suspicious because ronnies baby was born with club foot and now when the midwife comes again she notices ''baby james's'' club foot gone??? wouldnt that trigger something in your mind??

Poor ronnie cant catch a break!

Everytime i think she's going to be actually happy something terrible happens and then i have to spend the next 6 months looking at her misarable face!

They've taken this way too far, even though i understand that they're raising awareness. Why poor ronnie again??

I sat with my friend lastnight and went through everything shes had to deal with, surely in 'real life' no one has that much pain and heartbreak in a life time? Maybe im wrong but i think eastenders needs to lay off ronnie and focus on someone else.

I think the storyline is a bit far-fetched, that a mother would not recognise that a baby had been substituted for her own child.

(especially as there's a month age difference between the two babies. surely you have to be a special kind of stupid to not notice that your one- week-old / newborn baby has been replaced by a four- week old child? )

Its a right joke! I knew my baby and id know the difference if he was swapped! Its crazy, dont think in reality you'd be able to pull it off :confused:

You're all saying that the mother would know it's not her baby but Kat did notice that it wasn't her baby at the end of last nights episode when she looked at "Tommy" for the first time.

She doesn't realise I think when she says that's not my baby she means that can't be my baby, as in she's in denial!

Also both babues were born on the same day there is no four week age gap

I think she does realise that that isn't actually HER baby, but I assume the nurses will just expect she is in denial and ignore her.