Left or Right.. politically.

"its 50p taken away from every £1.00 I earn"

That's not true though is it. It's 50p taken away from every pound you earn over £150,000. Quite a different kettle of fish

Someone on 150k will lose approx 40% of their salary via tax and NI..

Someone on 150k will lose approx 40% of their salary via tax and NI..

Show me the maths

Show me the maths

Here you go:

Salary £150000

Tax £53000

NI £6381

Take home just over £90k, around 60% of gross.

http://iknowtax.com/

I wonder why this thread has been resurrected all of a sudden. Ah yes, the tories are losing in the opinion polls and are currently on course to a landslide defeat, so the RW bullies are here again trying to influence public opinion.

Some Tax code assumptions in that calculator, but I guess you're roughly right. well I never.

Ho hum, still 90k is not to be sniffed at, what you gonna do with another 60K!

I wonder why this thread has been resurrected all of a sudden. Ah yes, the tories are losing in the opinion polls and are currently on course to a landslide defeat, so the RW bullies are here again trying to influence public opinion.

Looks like you're wrong with this poll

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Some Tax code assumptions in that calculator, but I guess you're roughly right. well I never.

Ho hum, still 90k is not to be sniffed at, what you gonna do with another 60K!

The tax code could make a difference either way..if the paye employee has a company car etc then it's quite possible that they'll have a negative (K) tax code which would push the tax liability up even further..

The general election is three years away isn't it??

The general election is three years away isn't it??

It sure is, that's why the tories, knowing they are weak and unpopular, introduced the minimum 5 year term.

Looks like you're wrong with this poll

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Doesn't look like it, Lab 20% projection and yesterday with William Hills lab were 6-4 to win with a landslide victory. Sorry to rain on your parade and that.

It sure is, that's why the tories, knowing they are weak and unpopular, introduced the minimum 5 year term.

That would be why Labour waited 5 years after 2005 before holding the next general election in 2010.