Is SF more strict than it used to be?

Have the rules been changed recently to disallow speculation about headline national news?

One of the mods is enforcing this rule and deleting the question when asked if the T&C's were going to be updated to cover it.

speculation about criminal acts could very easily prejudice the accused's right to a fair trial or damage a completely innocent suspect's reputation for ever

It must be a nightmare being a mod on here.... on the whole they do a great job and I think it ticks along nicely.....obviously some are not going to be happy with the moderating and I guess these are the ones who try to cause trouble anyway

keep up the good work mods :thumbsup:

speculation about criminal acts could very easily prejudice the accused's right to a fair trial or damage a completely innocent suspect's reputation for ever

Yes, that's why the media are never allowed to publish anything about a case isn't it.

And indeed why people are strictly not allowed to talk about it in the pub.

It's nonsense that anything you post on here could have an affect on a criminal trial.

PS - It's nice to have seen Medusa trying to answer some of the points, this type of thread is so often closed with a comment of "contact the helpdesk", which is really unhelpful.

PS - It's nice to have seen Medusa trying to answer some of the points, this type of thread is so often closed with a comment of "contact the helpdesk", which is really unhelpful.

And in the footy section too ……… still at it until 3AM ……… who’d be a Mod?

Edited by Grandad.Malky

100% Agree :thumbsup:

It must be a nightmare being a mod on here.... on the whole they do a great job and I think it ticks along nicely.....obviously some are not going to be happy with the moderating and I guess these are the ones who try to cause trouble anyway

keep up the good work mods :thumbsup:

You say all the right things don't you shaznay. Well done.

i feel the forum is stricter now, but nowhere strict enough.
Really!! What would you like to see happen?

In answer to the original question, no I don't believe SF has become more strict than it used to be.

As the number of members expands, the number of posts and, or threads being edited or removed will also increase thus making moderation more noticable.

Moderating isn't just about banning those who are out to cause trouble or removing threads which descend into personal abuse, there's also the little things that make a big difference to the forum eg. removing spam, correcting titles, moving threads to the correct part of the forum and so on.

I don't believe anyone who has never been a mod understands just how much there is to do behind the scenes. I certainly didn't realise exactly how much admin and mods did before I became one.

I really admire Admin for the time they have to put in. Not only do the have the helpdesk to attend to, there's also the reports that mods can't action without them.

Users have to remember that we are all human, with lives, jobs, families etc. We don't always sign in with the intention of modding, occasionally we like to join in too :). Although my usual 'log in for a quick look' usually turns into a I'll post as a user but just check the reports whilst i'm here!

It's understandable that with so many members, am's, mods and admin aren't going to be everyones flavour of the month!

We do what we can to help the forum run smoothly making it an enjoyable and informative resource for all members. One point to remember is that SF is not a public forum but a private one :).

And in the footy section too ……… still at it until 3AM ……… who’d be a Mod?

I think they try to have someone as a Mod thats on a different time zone for the late night posters, that can't be too easy, well thats just a guess anyhow :)

In answer to the original question, no I don't believe SF has become more strict than it used to be.

As the number of members expands, the number of posts and, or threads being edited or removed will also increase thus making moderation more noticable.

Moderating isn't just about banning those who are out to cause trouble or removing threads which descend into personal abuse, there's also the little things that make a big difference to the forum eg. removing spam, correcting titles, moving threads to the correct part of the forum and so on.

I don't believe anyone who has never been a mod understands just how much there is to do behind the scenes. I certainly didn't realise exactly how much admin and mods did before I became one.

I really admire Admin for the time they have to put in. Not only do the have the helpdesk to attend to, there's also the reports that mods can't action without them.

Users have to remember that we are all human, with lives, jobs, families etc. We don't always sign in with the intention of modding, occasionally we like to join in too :). Although my usual 'log in for a quick look' usually turns into a I'll post as a user but just check the reports whilst i'm here!

It's understandable that with so many members, am's, mods and admin aren't going to be everyones flavour of the month!

We do what we can to help the forum run smoothly making it an enjoyable and informative resource for all members. One point to remember is that SF is not a public forum but a private one :).

Does that mean that you are not going to spank me anymore with the wooden ruler ? :D

One point to remember is that SF is not a public forum but a private one :).

Can you expand on that please, if you have time of course :D