How much for a new boiler and fitting?

its no good pretending, the list price and trade price are completely different

the list price for this is http://www.plumbmatch.co.uk/worcester-bosch-greenstar-24i-junior-natural-gas.html?___store=default

So trade will be in the region of £350 , Love it when you lot play dumb to rip the normal joe their hard earn money

Its not £350 its £700 ?(andd was boiler only not flue which is 50+vat) their is no list and trade price any more my friend you could go in to a plumbers merchant and pay pretty much the same as me( I may get about a £50 trade discount). If you can honestly tell me ehre to get a worcester 28kw greenstar junior I will buy ten Straight off. Tell you what I 'll buy them of you for £375 and you'll make a bit ;).

Also the one you've listed is a24kw which in my proffesional opion is not suited to the hot water demands of most houses.

What boiler did you have before a combination boiler ? Steve (corgigasman) may have been doing a conversion (old system boiler with gravity circulation and heating conversion, 28mm gas pipe upgrade, which if you take your time (highly recomeded whwn working with gas) can take 2.5- 3days.

How do you know how long it should take have you read the hse publiclication 26.9 gas fitting ?

Its not £350 its £700 ?(andd was boiler only not flue which is 50+vat) their is no list and trade price any more my friend you could go in to a plumbers merchant and pay pretty much the same as me( I may get about a £50 trade discount). If you can honestly tell me ehre to get a worcester 28kw greenstar junior I will buy ten Straight off. Tell you what I 'll buy them of you for £375 and you'll make a bit ;).

Also the one you've listed is a24kw which in my proffesional opion is not suited to the hot water demands of most houses.

What boiler did you have before a combination boiler ? Steve (corgigasman) may have been doing a conversion (old system boiler with gravity circulation and heating conversion, 28mm gas pipe upgrade, which if you take your time (highly recomeded whwn working with gas) can take 2.5- 3days.

How do you know how long it should take have you read the hse publiclication 26.9 gas fitting ?

Yep, gravity out, run hot/cold, flush, TRV's and new controls. I admit I am a 'plodder' but was fed up of working for BG/N-power to unrealistic timescales. I like a job done right first time, no leaks, no worries, not bothered about hourly rates......just a price for a job

got this from money saving expert, dont let the local cowboy rip you off

My boiler was fitted around 2 months ago. The company, based in the west midlands charged £795 including parts and labour for the whole job.

The reason I am posting a reply to this message is that I am sick of tired of PEOPLE GETTING RIPPED OFF BY PLUMBERS.

We originally got 4 quotes for this job. The gas supply pipe also needed to be re-run as it was in 15mm and this is appaerently, while other companies were charging £250 for this alone, this company charged just £50 (it was only 2 meters and we actually supplied the copper pipe for this.

We paid just £750 for the whole work.

The quote was broken down like this:

Glowworm Betacom 24 HE Combi Boiler £395

Labour- boiler £290

Chemicals for hot and cold flush £20

Copper pipe 15mm and fittings £40

Labour- copper run from meter to boiler £50

Other- certificate, building control, balancing system, commissioning, all work to best practice.

Total £795.

This was around half of what other companies were charging.

When I quizzed the engineer who had been working with that company for around 8 years he told me that it was simple. They buy big and sell cheap. He said they got that particular boiler for around £320 including flue, timer and clock. It would be available to the average person for over £500 inc VAT. They also buy fittings cheaper than most companies and pass the savings on. He said most weeks they fitted between 40 and 70 boilers per week.

The cost some companies supposedly claim and actually have must differ greatly. This company said it relied soley on customer referals and word of mouth. Please be aware of companies that charge more than double what other companies charge and ask for a complete breakdown of costs.

A combi boiler swap should typically not cost you over £900 and thats if you want it re-sited!

If you are in the birmingham and surrounding area its possible to get a boiler swap for under £900 and thats with additional work included (including changing a washer on a shower head and tightening two taps and replacing one- although I did pay for the tap)

Quote 1 (accepted) £795

http://www.newboiler.co.uk new boiler

Quote 2 (declined) £1790

heat247.co.uk

Quote 3 (declined) £1627

combidocheatingandgas.co.uk

Quote 4 (declined) £2400

British Gas

It just makes me so angry that plumbers can abuse the good nature or the vulnerability of customers, especially in the midlands. A friend of mine recently had her boiler serviced at a cost of £110 +VAT. I know its a good idea to do these kind of things but to pay that much?

Get as many quotes as you can and dont pay ANY money up front. If its a good, decent and reliable company that you get to work for you they wont ask for any money up front.

Always ask for an ID card and make sure you dont get someone illegal working in your house!

I know this website is about saving money so good luck to everyone.

RANT OVER.

Merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New Year.

Byeeeeeeeee!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=224320

love it the way all the plumbers gang up on me because i gave their serect of how much their are ripping you off by

It's a combi boiler they have at the minute.they said the hot water is not getting hot upstairs,hot in the sink but they can't run a bath as the water doesn't stay hot enough,someone has said it may be the diverter valve?

have you check the pressure? mine had the same problem and it was low on pressure as the pressure relief valve was leaking, £45 for my plumber to supply and fitted

You are probably correct about the price of a glowworm betacom boiler- this is purely because they are SEDBUK band B rated boilers and therefore have not been allowed to be fitted since last october(unless order already placed/ quote already agreed etc.- in which case they could be fitted until april). As a result of this merchants were selling them cheap to get rid of stock which is effectively now worthless.

I don't know any of the other gas fitters on here personally but the number of repeat customers we get from here would suggest that we certainly aren't 'ripping anyone off 'I would say a quick look through the recommended business thread would show many customers who are not only happy with our work(and that of mickey ET, corgigasman, JBradleyZ, mr peacock, Dan2802- sorry if I've missed anyone) but are willing to recommend us on a public forum.

Thanks

Dan

City Wide Heating services

So we know a good bolier is around £500-£600 trade, and it takes around a day to fit unless you was the useless git who took 2.5 days to fit oldskater boiler ,why do you think your labour is worth £1000+ a day?

Edited by danny11

that sounds like sense as the boiler has a small leek ! it is our boiler my daughter is asking about ,what was your number ?for quote ?thanks .

have you check the pressure? mine had the same problem and it was low on pressure as the pressure relief valve was leaking, £45 for my plumber to supply and fitted

think it may be that as we have a small leek who is your plumber ? it is our boiler .thanks

.I don't know any of the other gas fitters on here personally but the number of repeat customers we get from here would suggest that we certainly aren't 'ripping anyone off 'I would say a quick look through the recommended business thread would show many customers who are not only happy with our work(and that of mickey ET, corgigasman, JBradleyZ, mr peacock, Dan2802- sorry if I've missed anyone) but are willing to recommend us on a public forum.

Thanks

Dan

City Wide Heating services

Most of your 'customer' are one offs as people dont have new boiler fitted every month, it just shows you been charging people over £1500 for a boiler when it only cost £500 trade, the customer dont know they are ripped off as every gas fitter charges around the same. you telling me you are worth £1000+ a day?

Best way to avoid getting rip off is ask for the bill of sell of the boiler, i bet most fitters will not show you

check out this site for boilers

http://www.bhl.co.uk/product/WORCS_GREENSTAR_15RI_HE_RSF_BOILER_NG

boilers from around £650, then its the day rate of a plumber for fittting, i think one has already saidits £150 per day.

no doubt theres some extra bits such as pipework possible flue ect but looks like its possible for under £1000

check out this site for boilers

http://www.bhl.co.uk/product/WORCS_GREENSTAR_15RI_HE_RSF_BOILER_NG

boilers from around £650, then its the day rate of a plumber for fittting, i think one has already saidits £150 per day.

no doubt theres some extra bits such as pipework possible flue ect but looks like its possible for under £1000

So why are all the fitters on here say £1500+ is reasonable and not ripping people off. i been trying to get this point across so the normal guy do not get rip off by those 'so call' trust worthly fitters