Creative writing course?

I'd like to attend a creative writing course at some point in 2011. Does anybody know of one that doesn't cost a fortune but is worth attending?

I've looked at Hallam and Sheffield Uni but, although I have a degree (not English) I can't afford to go down the Masters degree route, nor do I want a course as intensive as a Masters.

Are there any other colleges that run courses?

Hi Sweetie

Have you tried the OU? They do some excellent courses online and the level 2 and 3 courses include workshops which are held at the Hallam Uni.

Ruskin College, Oxford is an adult college that has a great creative writing department. With readily available funding.

They offer weekend / short courses. 1term full time diplomas for over 50's, and a full or part time CertHe Ba and Ma.

When I was there my oldest classmate was 60, although the oldest (current) student was 92 and the average age of students was 33.

If you dont fancy travelling or distance learning, the WEA offers some good part time courses, and there are always creative writing workshops and groups happening in Sheffield.