Sheffield Star gets another price hike..

Must be a 3p rise for for James Sheild then. (the worst sports journalist in England)

The Star is a waste of time since it became a morning paper.

The Star is a waste of time since it became a morning paper.

I tend to agree.

Will The Stir go the same way as the Manchester Evening News or a London evening paper and become free, funded by advertising ?

The Blue and White Star, utter dross, overpriced even before the recent hike, stopped buying it many moons ago, but i suppose it will still carry on being kept afloat by it`s wednesday fan base. Carry on with your unbiased reporting on football " not ", and see where you are in 10-15 years time. Wake up and smell the coffee people and don`t waste your money !

Heads up folks, your 'favourite' :hihi: local newspaper has revised it's cover price again and from Monday you will be able to purchase your paper full of bad spelling and no jobs for the princely sum of 47p.

So will you still buy it? (if you ever did).

I stopped buying it when it went to 40p.

It wasn't long back it was 32p.

I find it sad that a major city like Sheffield cannot even decently support one paper. Making it a weekly would make sense but it would downgrade to "town" status.

Sorry for duplication

Edited by Odd-jobs
duplicated post

Worth buying if just for the letters page.

Condition of having one printed must be that you have an IQ of less than 80.

Its rubbish.

I still read it everyday online though, and I would be sad if it stopped being daily, I just done want to pay for it.

Nah, I just read it online. I think the quality of reporting is bad, the grammar is despicable. I thought journalists were meant to be reasonably competent in the written language.

But at least they wouldnt use words like "nah"

Maybe they'll start charging us to read online too now like The Times. Like someone else said most of their business is from the elderly. Hopefully they'll all live long happy lives as it'd be a shame it The Star was no longer

Do they still get all of their news from this forum?

If so, here is a ready made headline for Monday: "Local Paper Prices Itself Out Of Market"

I agree I dont buy the star I just visit http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk for acurate news and information