Furniture shops antique/vintage?

Hi all,

I've just started refurbishing furniture and am looking for places to pick up cheap old furniture.

Ebays been pretty good so far but I'm looking for places in Sheffield, any suggestions?

Second hand shops maybe? House clearances etc.

If anyones got any old/vintage/antique furniture that your looking to get rid of please PM me :)

Thanks.

Emma

I saw one or two of those type of shops in Sheff-I think the road is called Abbeydale rd? (Folks on here will know from my description). Going along London Rd, the road bends round to the right, as you continue you see the Mosque, then there are these type of shops on the right hand side before you get to that busy junction with the traffic lights.

Also, if you care to venture in to Parkgate, there are some of these type of shops on either side of the road (very close to Almurad).

In any event I do not know if any will fit your criteria of “cheap”, but maybe worth a look. Always good to browse around if that is where your interest is.

Abbeydale Road, Broadfield Road and Langtons (Chesterfield Rd) and another antique centre off Abbeydale Rd, opposite where you can turn onto Woodseats Rd... I guess is all depends on your idea of vintage, antique (all the furniture you will see in these shops will be) and cheap (£200 for a wardrobe, etc?)...

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll have to go and have a look around that area, its certainly worth a look.

Also the Oxfam in Broomhill and the St Luke's Hospice shop in Crookes. The Oxfam often has antique pieces, as well as a lot of vintage and retro stuff, sideboards, wardrobes, tables, pianos etc. Bit of a treasure trove!

Try the auction rooms, ELR's salesrooms or A&E Dowse and son on Scotland street, both are Sheffield auction rooms. Brown furniture is not selling too well at the moment, an example, a barley twist table you can pick up for around £8.00 where as four or five years ago they were reaching in excess of £70.00 ++ The same applies to some wardrobes and dressers occasional tables etc.

A&E Dowse website for sale dates are here http://www.toyauction.info/page/sale_dates

You could try an on-line supplier like Vintage-Industrial-Furniture.co.uk

Try the Sheffield Antiques Emporium in Heeley. Went there the other day, loads of stuff for sale. There was some stalls selling already painted furniture but loads of older stuff to pick up for next to nothing.