Android tablet wifi not working

hi i bought two android tablets for my sons for xmas but they not even been able to use these yet as we having trouble connecting them through wifi any help would be appreciated thanks for looking

Hi

What make and model are they?

Do they detect your wifi network? If so what happens when you enter the wifi key/password?

A few people have reported this. Although not recommended you could try turning off all wireless security on your router, and they should connect.

yes ours do the same, if we want full connection then we have to basically sit in front of the router, same with our phones too which are both running android.

My tosh laptop has full signal when sat in a different room but the android devices only ever have 1 bar signal, we have googled this and lots of people on android forums have said use 3rd party wireless connecting apps from the android market.

My fella did this on his tablet and i ust admit it worked alot better then the built in wifi manager.

you could give that a go.

Strange, my HTC Desire picks up wifi hotspots when I am going down West Street on the tram, so it isn't something that applies to all Android devices. I would suggest this is specific to a particular manufacturer's hardware and firmware running underneath the OS.

my fella has the galaxy s running 2.2, i have the htc hero running 2.1.

His tablet pc is a elonex one running 2.2 and mine is a epad running 2.1.

As we are both running different versions of android we don't understand why they keep dropping off wireless.

before these i had a blackberry and he had a iphone and they connected with full signal everytime. Never had a problem with those.

me and my wife both have iphones along with a Wii 2 laptops a desktop, my wife also has a galaxy tab and my sons have a blackberry and samsung galaxy phones, they all connect by wireless except the desktop

My galaxy s picks up wireless fine, even sees a multitude of networks when i'm at home, never had an issue.

thanks all got it sorted now

Router reboot??

hi im haveing the same problem could you let me know if you get it workin many thanks

We had to turn the clock from automatic update british summertime to manual updates, sounds strange but it worked!