Possibles for a new pole

decided to buy a brand new pole, i really dont like the idea of buying one 2nd hand one when spending so much hard earned money,so ive done a bit of a list these last few days to have a look at.

map tks 525

diawa sr4

Garbolino Squad Max Competition 7

map tks 40

anyone got any of these, good points bad points , opinions etc all welcome

best thing i would do is go to a good tackle shop and try , climax at dronfield you can sit on a box and try the poles all so look at chapmans , yu might be able to look and try at fishing republic

best thing i would do is go to a good tackle shop and try , climax at dronfield you can sit on a box and try the poles all so look at chapmans , yu might be able to look and try at fishing republic

i plan to koi keeper, but the garbolino one is rarely stocked by tackle shops and in a shop also you never quite know how it handles the wind shipping in and out and also handles the fish.

i have also upped my budget to the £700 to £750 area seeing as im after a new one .

so feel free to voice your opinions on any others i may have missed around this price range

Two months ago i was in same boat as you after my research i bought a tks525 got lucky really as i seen 1 on ebay his advert just said pole for sale tks525 in bag no reserve i emailed him to see what condition its in he tells me its brand new with 9 top kits come and have a look im in wakefield i go and look and indeed its brand new i bid 600 as im after one anyway and they are 699 in fishing republic with 4 tops and win it for £420 bargain

At 13m its super stiff and light fishable with one hand all day long even at 16m its fishable without that much sag and still responsive the tks40 is an old model replaced by the tks525 , the sr4 to me didnt feel as good as the tks525 and cost the same price and the garbalino pole spares are harder to come by and take longer to arrive when ordered (according to the guy in fishing republic) comparded to the tks who are owned by leeda by the way also the tks range are all the same mandrell and top 3 match kits and power kits are like 30-35 quid and dolly but £40 ,they did have the full diawa and tks range in fishing republic down attercliffe if you wanna sit and have a feel at full stretch on any of there poles

anyway tks525 gets my vote especially for the money i paid for mine but even for the £699 in tackle shop i dont think you are going to get better unless you buy second hand

Two months ago i was in same boat as you after my research i bought a tks525 got lucky really as i seen 1 on ebay his advert just said pole for sale tks525 in bag no reserve i emailed him to see what condition its in he tells me its brand new with 9 top kits come and have a look im in wakefield i go and look and indeed its brand new i bid 600 as im after one anyway and they are 699 in fishing republic with 4 tops and win it for £420 bargain

At 13m its super stiff and light fishable with one hand all day long even at 16m its fishable without that much sag and still responsive the tks40 is an old model replaced by the tks525 , the sr4 to me didnt feel as good as the tks525 and cost the same price and the garbalino pole spares are harder to come by and take longer to arrive when ordered (according to the guy in fishing republic) comparded to the tks who are owned by leeda by the way also the tks range are all the same mandrell and top 3 match kits and power kits are like 30-35 quid and dolly but £40 ,they did have the full diawa and tks range in fishing republic down attercliffe if you wanna sit and have a feel at full stretch on any of there poles

anyway tks525 gets my vote especially for the money i paid for mine but even for the £699 in tackle shop i dont think you are going to get better unless you buy second hand

thank you bassbin, i was actually at the time between the sr4 and the 525 in my mind anyway, rolll on the summer so i can get out and give the fish whats for :-)

decisions decisons

bassbin, picked up a 625 for £500, talk about a bargain #:-)

very good price roll on summer this weather is a killer went to sprotbrough boxing day not a single bite all day

bassbin, picked up a 625 for £500, talk about a bargain #:-)

Looks like you have got a bargain mate, lets hope the weather gets a little better so you can go and have a play:).

Im now stuck in a cast for 6 weeks after Achilles tendon repair, typical when its gettin a bit warmer this week, gutted:mad:

Looks like you have got a bargain mate, lets hope the weather gets a little better so you can go and have a play:).

Im now stuck in a cast for 6 weeks after Achilles tendon repair, typical when its gettin a bit warmer this week, gutted:mad:

oh well i wouldnt be too down hearted as at least you will know you will be ready for the summer, and i feel your pain becuase ive had that injury and its not fun at all.

think im gonna give this pole a new workout this weekend, possibly lindholme

i wouldnt have any of them, i would go for the daiwa Con G20 an excellent all rounder, this is going to be my next investment

we are talking brand new poles for about £700 not £1200 what would your verdict be then liam out of interest

dont say save up till you got another £500

and the 625 costs £1100 brand new in shops, and after giving it a little whirl it felt brilliant, cant wait to hit a decent carp on i though to see how it handles the big uns