How do I start writing a book.. A little advice

I really want to write a book but I don't know where to start... My life has been so fruitful in my short years, but so has my mums, My dad was an Italian criminal so his life was fruitful too.. My grandad had connections with some pretty big and famous London gansters plus lived on an alies and got married twice and had a secret son... Where and who do I start with... Do i do it in volumes perhaps... As a diary... I'm not sure... I really want to log all this down... And give people a taste of being a young girl in a world of lies and criminality.. And what it's led me to personally... I'm just stuck on who to begin with.. Do I start as of now or back in the day..... Some guidance...? Person by person...

the...................................................

:hihi::D:hihi:

Ive often thought about this- not very hard though because I still know bugger all about it but I sort of assume you need to get a load of money together to pay for the books... if I`m right, a new author has to pay for the first few thousand books that he/she/it has published.

That little bit of knowledge, right or wrong has put me off because not only am I skint, I`m tight fisted too!

I really want to write a book but I don't know where to start... My life has been so fruitful in my short years, but so has my mums, My dad was an Italian criminal so his life was fruitful too.. My grandad had connections with some pretty big and famous London gansters plus lived on an alies and got married twice and had a secret son... Where and who do I start with... Do i do it in volumes perhaps... As a diary... I'm not sure... I really want to log all this down... And give people a taste of being a young girl in a world of lies and criminality.. And what it's led me to personally... I'm just stuck on who to begin with.. Do I start as of now or back in the day..... Some guidance...? Person by person...
Are you wanting to write a book about your family or sign a confession?:suspect::P

If I were you I would start by writing down different memories or stories that your parents may have told you. I think you are worrying too much about structuring your book at the minute. You can sort your different accounts into different files and structure and make sense of them later.

Are you wanting to write a book about your family or sign a confession?:suspect::P

She wants to write about her father and grandfather, Stan the Stabber and Harry the hatchet.

Cheeky... :-) I want to invite people into my world and share the experiences..

If your wanting/thinking about writing the book yourself, i would join a local writers group there are many around and would give you advice and guidance .You will need to research your family so talking to them is a good place to start get as much info as you can, writing such a book is like putting a jigsaw together so good luck with it.